When I'm on my travels I often see some lovely specimens of road kill .. You know.. Owls, mink, stoats ect. What I want to know is would they be of any use to anyone for taxidermy ? If so do I need permission to pick them up ? Who do I contact if I do ? How do I store the creature and how do I pack it for post ?.... Last night I saw a barn owl clipped by the motor in front of me , it was in good knick not smashed.I also saw a tawny and little owl (def not a good night for owls).

I think you're fine to take road kill and pass it on to a taxidermist to mount but I'd be fecking careful with any protected species, certainly wouldn't touch any badgers with how mental the laws are around them.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

There is no need to inform anyone about picking up roadkill badger .The onus is on you to prove to a stuffer that it was roadkill which is only ever done by skinning it .No stuffer will refuse anything but otters .

What about proving it was roadkill if you happen to be raided by the police and RSPCA? :hmm: I remember seeing some old boy being dragged over the coals on one of those police documentaries because he had a badger paw keyring.

The onus of any part of law (exept unrung captive birds) is for them to prove your guilty :yes: ,not you to prove your innocent :thumbs: ..With captive birds if your found with a unrung one then your guilty until you've proved otherwise ..

• Like 1