Rws Excaliber V Hw 100Lads

Lads some advice please,

The RWS Excaliber in .22 cal - are they as good as i hear ?

They look a very handsome rifle and i am able to get one in .22 although i prefer .177 which i am told is virtually impossible to get in this country ?

Is the Excaliber better than the HW 100 in .22 ?

Thank You Lads

They are a very good gun indeed, accurate , normally have stunning stocks, highly tuneable !! I found mine very good indeed, only downside is the mags are poor, you have to make sure you insert the mag correctly or you will loose a shot, if it was a choice of a hw100 against the excalibre I would chose the hw100 all day long for the loading side of things , but if I was after a gun to tune to the hilt, then the excalibre

• Like 2

Excalibures are superb! Very accurate and very simple to work on. Iv had most PCP,s (not a HW100 tho) and the excalibure was better than them all. I will never part with it. I put a tip ex line on my mag so I allways load it in right position. Id reccomended a excalibure!

• Like 2

Ain't it just an webley/fx2000? looks it if so there must be plenty about in .177 and i know they were easily tuned as nobody bothered about 12lb years ago.

As viz says no match for for the hw cocking system. Long skirted pellets were also use less in the webley mag too if it's still the same.

Edited by treecreeper

have to have my 2p worth ive owned 2 rws excalibers the biggest mistake of my life.....................was selling them !!!!! absolutly stunning rifles both mine were of the .22 variety

i was at the range and exploding 410 carts hitting the cap at 50yd plus everytime and im not a great shot at all !!

i owned a hw100 a while back not for long like and alot of folk not going to like this but i found it bit over rated had a mmc ultra at same time and much prefered that but thats just my oppinion each to there own eh!

but i have to agree the wood on the rws are 2nd to none absolutly stunning as is the rest of the buid quality think i was lucky with the mags as had no problems with either of mine but both were in great condition so maybe not shot much

hand on heart id choose a excaliber just a shame they dont have a pressure gauge but the sound lets you know when your low on puff

if the price is right take the plunge lets face it you wont loose money

and if selling it give me a shout lol

atb

matt

• Like 2

The nicest 1 I have ever seen was for sale on gunstar about 3 weeks ago, stunning tiger striped stock, I nearly bought it, the mags aren't a problem , more loading in the correct position, I also tippexed a line into mine to aid the loading to get the full shots.

i filled mine to 190 was sweet at 180

if its a stunner seems right our tom got the best example i ever seen in fac think he paid about that they a classic these days

i stupidly sold one of mine for 300 needed cash for holiday and work was slow needs must but still regret it now the 2nd was a carbine think i preffered that one but for fac id say full length rifle

Yes Viz and thanks but i am "toying with part ex against it" but the part ex would be my little used HW 100 ks.

I have heard and read so many outstanding reviews on this rifle that i am very tempted indeed.

I have the choice of two in the morning and value the lads thoughts on here inc` yours - decision time in the morning, but i am far from convinced with p/exing my HW 100 just yet :nono: .

If i like her i will just buy her i think on condition of a service if i can. (gunsmiths)

Let your mate know Viz but it is happening quickly it seems. :good:

Edited by mark williams
  • Like 1

Keep your eye out I been looking for the sister model (rapier 2 shot shuttle) for ages and found 2 at once (£350 with scope) I stripped and re sealed it in 20 mins very easy. Obviously oldschool PCP unregulated but I'm getting 10-15 Fps variation at 170 bar. Odd I know but true. Very glad I baught the rapier too. The mags are hard to find I imadgine. I'd rarther use this bueatiful old classic compared to new stuff any day, I bet they hold their value better too.

HA 2fecking2

Just let me be the first to say i told you so,

for when you find out that its as accurate as any 177 you own or shot

including the hw100 any day of the week.

Its the posh version of the raider a rifle i hold very highly with the best

and proved it 100,s of times as you know Mark

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2