What Has Nasa Found On Mars?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Immigrants

I was hoping they found my peltor electronic ear defenders ...ah well I'll have to buy a new set ..

Decepticons!

I don't actually get the significance of water, or where there has been water? :hmm:

They say life walshie but what do they mean, they don't explain that part, they haven't seen this water, haven't tested it, they think it's water, strong evidence they say, lol look at the test they done to come to this conclusion, as I said give us more grant money, keep us in a job.

Life walshie mate life ;)

How so? Life on earth might need water. How do we know that life on Mars wouldn't prefer sulphuric acid...or that they even need liquid at all?

We're going on what we know mate. Life here on Earth feeds on everything but still needs water to fill the cells ;)

Finding water basically means life shouldn't be far behind.

I don't actually get the significance of water, or where there has been water? :hmm:

They say life walshie but what do they mean, they don't explain that part, they haven't seen this water, haven't tested it, they think it's water, strong evidence they say, lol look at the test they done to come to this conclusion, as I said give us more grant money, keep us in a job.
your splitting hairs a tad francie your right as in they haven't actually touched the water but its looking fairly conclusive and why shouldn't they keep living the dream and keep pushing further ...its the only way forward is it not?

walshie there looking life as we know it as it's the only life we have been able to study it's certainly the best starting point for us ...but your right there's no certainties in the unknown and there's always a chance it could be a case of " its life jim but not as we know it"

Edited by kanny
  • Like 1

Yes confirmed water still flowing on Mars.

Wow........I've just popped a semi. Honestly who gives a flying f**k.
Why are you even posting on this thread? :icon_eek::laugh:
I'm in Aberdeen working, on my own. Could be random outburst over the next week....??
  • Like 1

your splitting hairs a tad francie your right as in they haven't actually touched the water but its looking fairly conclusive and why shouldn't they keep living the dream and keep pushing further ...its the only way forward is it not?

walshie there looking life as we know it as it's the only life we have been able to study it's certainly the best starting point for us ...but your right there's no certainties in the unknown and there's always a chance it could be a case of " its life jim but not as we know it"

I don't think I am mate, they haven't actually said hundred percent water there, they said strong evidence, an theve be known to say things in the past then retract it a while later, when the grant money was released.

I don't think it's justified, billions of dollars being spent all to desperatley try to prove there religion evoloution, when the money could be spent far better elsewhere, I don't know what you mean by moving forward, if you mean total recall style, lol, I thinks its an agenda, or maybe they'll shift the unwanted out there, an they stay here, ha

I don't think I am mate, they haven't actually said hundred percent water there, they said strong evidence, an theve be known to say things in the past then retract it a while later, when the grant money was released.

I don't think it's justified, billions of dollars being spent all to desperatley try to prove there religion evoloution, when the money could be spent far better elsewhere, I don't know what you mean by moving forward, if you mean total recall style, lol, I thinks its an agenda, or maybe they'll shift the unwanted out there, an they stay here, ha

I'm not surprised you think they should leave things as they are, religion has held men back like that for 2000 years. Like it or not mate, the truth is the truth, i'd rather know the truth personally, whatever it is?

• Like 1

I don't see it as trying to prove or disprove anything it's more just trying to make sense of it all and discover our place and meaning in the universe and answer the time old questions like are we alone? Don't you want to know francie? Aren't you the slightest bit curious because I know I am.

As for the money argument it its just numbers and lies money has no real value in the big scheme of things .

• Like 1

I'm not surprised you think they should leave things as they are, religion has held men back like that for 2000 years. Like it or not mate, the truth is the truth, i'd rather know the truth personally, whatever it is?

I'm all for the truth mate, but there ain't no truth in it, not yet anyway, its speculation, lol religion has nothing to do with space exploration, I just think the money could be better spent that's all.

As you say to me no evidence, were evidence for this, they have none,

Lol mush your typical militant atheist drivel is funny, you as typical as the homo sapien sapiens on reddit, funny but.

Ya not worth my breath on this topic pal ;)

Basically for those interested; extremely briney water is not the best chance of complex life but it is from evidence on Earth the best chance for simple cell organisms called extremophiles we have discovered to date.

Edited by mushroom