So Far So Good

neil b

This morning saw the second trip of this season,on my way up the dark motorway well before daybreak had the lurcher abit more restless than normal, it wasn't until I felt something crawl onto my lap I knew why.... The ferrets had got out of there box so a quick stop on the hard shoulder to catch them up and get them boxed up,then normal service resumed. Once we got to our chosen destination we could see a few rabbits moving about so things looked good, as the sun rose we started our climb up the fell side waiting to either see a rabbit drop to ground or wait for the lurcher to mark an occupied warren, it wasn't long before we had the nets down and ferret entered, 729EB1B1-AED3-436B-9107-4CD8ABDEA334_zps it wasn't long before the polecat Jill had us a few rabbits in the bag, what a day to be sat waiting for the unmistakable subterranean thunder, taking in the views watching goldfinches and other small finches feeding in the thistles. Onward and upward we went picking up rabbits on our way, BB61F6E8-749A-457C-90E6-E985EC7EFC63_zps just off the foot path was a stone built store shed where we watched a rabbit go and the lurcher put one out of the long grass so we opted for a longnet set in an L shape then a few nets placed on likely looking holes on the wall side, right in the corner we placed a poke net on closer inspection rabbit fur was all over the rocks inside the wall were they had been using it for some time, A4998DD1-999A-4435-8517-0ECD00C391CE_zps43DD1E01-D9DE-440F-AB98-11BF188787A9_zps

• Like 7

Once again the polecat Jill was entered on soon for to work bolting one then all was silent so out with the locator, 2 ft down so the new bulldog graft was called into action reveling 2 rabbits in a stopend, she was still with one that soon bolted, she then showed a few times inside the shed before disappearing and making contact with rabbit number 5, the temp was getting up by dinner time so we called it a day with a total of 18 48F2E9BD-9185-4024-BE53-F638EAC46223_zps til next time cheers neil b

• Like 3