Woodie From The Garden

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

shoot them most days in garden,when there after the greens. also had 9 magpies in the last month. put a magpie decoy out the other week and one came straight in, his mates all started coming to the

Tell them if they dont like it ,F**K off back to there own country

Just what I thought.

Posted Images

Are you against people being in this country v'man? You know, the ones that don't work, aren't of English ethnicity, scrounge off hard working people, get everything paid for, big house, loads of kids etc.

I'm just wondering...

:D

• Like 1

Are you against people being in this country v'man? You know, the ones that don't work, aren't of English ethnicity, scrounge off hard working people, get everything paid for, big house, loads of kids etc.

I'm just wondering...

:D

ME ,No don't think so I love them taking my F*****g money, MY country and my English beliefs !!

• Like 1

I'm just wondering... :D

ME ,No don't think so I love them taking my F*****g money, MY country and my English beliefs !!

Just what I thought.

• Like 2

Its not worth the hastle popping a pigeon in the garden. All it takes is one overzealous(cu*t) of a neighbour and you can suddenly end up trying to dig yourself out of deep shit if rspb etc get their claws in.. just my opinion of course.

pernod

• Like 1

Shooting a wood pigeon in your garden, in this case, is against the law. All birds are protected under law (unlike rabbits and grey squirrels for example) and you must have a valid reason for shooting them. A valid reason would be crop destruction or spreading disease. A wood pigeon eating seed out of your feeder is not a valid reason. You need to remember that all birds are protected and this includes pest species included in the general licence.

Also shooting in your garden without a valid backstop is an issue. Of course I do not know the size of your garden or if you did have a backstop or not.

A man was recently (May 2015) fined £2000 and had his £700 air rifle taken from him for shooting magpies and pigeons in his garden. He claimed he was doing 'pest control' but had no valid reason for shooting them. He was a member of BASA.

I'm not having a go but everyone really needs to understand the law and the general licence before shooting wild animals. Shooting birds for the sake of it or for a bit of meat isn't legal. Likewise shooting them because they are eating seed left out for smaller birds isn't a valid reason.

Grey Squirrels are offered no protection under law and it is in fact illegal to release one if trapped. Similarly rabbits are offered no protection and if trapped must be killed or released on the same land. Animal cruelty law still matters and so does the method of killing. As we all know it would be illegal to kill a rabbit/squirrel with a bow.

We have probably all heard of the man who ended up in court after trapping and killing a squirrel in his garden. He was taken to court for animal cruelty after not being able to kill the squirrel humanely. From what I remember he sunk 5 pellets from a very low powered Chinese rifle into it's body and left it to die.

Just follow the law and make sure you and your rifle are good enough to kill in a humane manner. :thumbs:

Edited by s200guy
  • Like 2

Is it worth it though,jjm ??

You'd be better in a feild with decoys..

With the way society is this in this day and age,why put yourself at risk for a woody..

If you want to protect lettuce or cabbages nets are better .

Shame they don't keep the insects off..