Malinois X Greyhound

the herding dog x performance bred saluki coursing dog do leave a very definite stamp of a dog. And I have neither seen nor heard any consistent bad feedback about them. I know which way my next "big dog" will be bred. I just need to find the right base breed. I'm not in any rush though

I really fancy this cross too, Bird's Buck over a real decent big land coursing dog would throw some real useful all rounder types IMO :yes: I know I'd be pestering him for a pup the moment I knew the lining had happened :laugh:

• Like 1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not best pics

the herding dog x performance bred saluki coursing dog do leave a very definite stamp of a dog. And I have neither seen nor heard any consistent bad feedback about them. I know which way my next "big

Posted Images

Rays buck on the back of of any saluki type or straight saluki, will give thee toppers for edible guaranteed .that little bit of the sal blood will suffice the shepherd sal xes been around a while but here his where the difference be Alsatian and malls have a different mentality how they go about there work so very different than most collie xes Rays buck a credit ta breeder and handlers .atb bunnys.

Also I believe buck his being tested on the most unforgiving grland and the feed back seems to all be good this animal with out decrying any others his the mantle of a good f1 type of the this type he will stamp quality on hound types that I have no doubt animals of this calibre ain't around to often his blood needs to be absorbed in ta a good running animal saluki blood.then bred back ta shepherd type .atb bunnys..

• Like 2

the herding dog x performance bred saluki coursing dog do leave a very definite stamp of a dog. And I have neither seen nor heard any consistent bad feedback about them. I know which way my next "big dog" will be bred. I just need to find the right base breed. I'm not in any rush though

What you thinking about mate, I gonna be after a pup soon, not after one of you lol just being nosey

I know a somebody who keeps GSD x collies. they have been line bred for a number of generations with the occasional outcross to either of the two breeds. Tney excel as all round farm dogs, and have been successful small holders dog. Herding, guarding, beating and even gundog work. Not as demanding as a pure collie and less sensitive, without the physical problems that the GSD can suffer. Turning out about 23 to 25" they are good solid dogs. I know one has gone over a very greyhoundy type of lurcher. If the pups pass muster as a first cross type, I will be bending a few ears to get a strong saluki based dog over one of the bitches.

• Like 1

I doubt anyone with a decent coursing bred bitch would let a first x Alsatian greyhound anywhere near it..

I think you would have more chance of someone letting you use a coursing stud over the hearding type lurcher bitch...

I personally like the sound of this breeding but I wouldn't want anything out of a first cross..

• Like 2

What you thinking about mate, I gonna be after a pup soon, not after one of you lol just being nosey

I know a somebody who keeps GSD x collies. they have been line bred for a number of generations with the occasional outcross to either of the two breeds. Tney excel as all round farm dogs, and have been successful small holders dog. Herding, guarding, beating and even gundog work. Not as demanding as a pure collie and less sensitive, without the physical problems that the GSD can suffer. Turning out about 23 to 25" they are good solid dogs. I know one has gone over a very greyhoundy type of lurcher. If the pups pass muster as a first cross type, I will be bending a few ears to get a strong saluki based dog over one of the bitches.

Any pics of the cur x alsations mate

I have, but it's not my dog and the owners a secretive bugger. So i wont betray his trust :thumbs:

Edited by trenchfoot
  • Like 3

I doubt anyone with a decent coursing bred bitch would let a first x Alsatian greyhound anywhere near it..

I think you would have more chance of someone letting you use a coursing stud over the hearding type lurcher bitch...

I personally like the sound of this breeding but I wouldn't want anything out of a first cross..

that's fair point mate and I can see where your coming from :thumbs: , but I will say as 1x gsd x grey as really surprised with his speed/agilty/stamina for a big dog, he got good strike on him , he as caught rabbits as easy as Bryn as , and in fact had bigger bag than Bryn . to me Buck he just a 1x lurcher that can do as good as any 1x or sometimes better , he will tackle anything you put him on he quite full on temp when hunting :thumbs: , but around the yard very quite sensitive dog very easy to live with likes people+dogs :yes: Buck would be like most 1xs the start of a lurcher , if x back to another lurcher something with bit of saluki in it , you wouldn't need any collie as he is similar but slight different mind set , and got as much or maybe power than any bull x , I ve had 3 bullxs and seen fair few work over the years , there nothing in it , only maybe the bullxs temp bit different , mind you ive always thought he like hairy bullx lol . but your right mate with above , but it would be a real shame as he got a lot to offer any lurcher line he ticking all the boxes for me no prob , if you want a good lamping dog cant fault him . :thumbs:

• Like 2

. I find this no incident the cur Alsatian xs make fine hunting companions it was a breed of this ilk that showed me the way has a youngster.atb bunnys.

Any pics of the cur x alsations mate

• Like 1

that's fair point mate and I can see where your coming from :thumbs: , but I will say as 1x gsd x grey as really surprised with his speed/agilty/stamina for a big dog, he got good strike on him , he as caught rabbits as easy as Bryn as , and in fact had bigger bag than Bryn . to me Buck he just a 1x lurcher that can do as good as any 1x or sometimes better , he will tackle anything you put him on he quite full on temp when hunting :thumbs: , but around the yard very quite sensitive dog very easy to live with likes people+dogs :yes: Buck would be like most 1xs the start of a lurcher , if x back to another lurcher something with bit of saluki in it , you wouldn't need any collie as he is similar but slight different mind set , and got as much or maybe power than any bull x , I ve had 3 bullxs and seen fair few work over the years , there nothing in it , only maybe the bullxs temp bit different , mind you ive always thought he like hairy bullx lol . but your right mate with above , but it would be a real shame as he got a lot to offer any lurcher line he ticking all the boxes for me no prob , if you want a good lamping dog cant fault him . :thumbs:
. I would think there be lots a saluki types out there that would be service it don't need ta be a top coursing animal the xs ain't that far short in itself,a tad of sal blood will do fine. for the lurcher mans lurcher atbbunnys

. I would think there be lots a saluki types out there that would be service it don't need ta be a top coursing animal the xs ain't that far short in itself,a tad of sal blood will do fine. for the lurcher mans lurcher atbbunnys

+2 :thumbs: