• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sister to yours pal  

Playing with her half brother in the stubbles

far to many dogs been past about these days i recon best if some folk just get a budgi . its plain to me alot of folk just havnt got it with dogs!!.

Posted Images

i dont mind it stopping at cover lads but when it stops at a few thistles or nettles before cover and stands there and watches it go into cover that's when it starts taking the piss abit lol you no what i mean like shes putting no pressure on the bunny to turn back off the hedge because shes put the breaks on because she can see it going for cover...its not what i want

i dont mind it stopping at cover lads but when it stops at a few thistles or nettles before cover and stands there and watches it go into cover that's when it starts taking the piss abit lol you no what i mean like shes putting no pressure on the bunny to turn back off the hedge because shes put the breaks on because she can see it going for cover...its not what i want

I know what you're saying fella but that's one small fault in everything that we ask of a working dog. You ain't gonna get the perfect dog. The next one might smash cover but not retrieve. The one after might retrieve but cries in the kennel. The next one might be quiet but got bad feet.

I could carry on.

If you're gonna get rid of every dog what isn't 100% perfect then you're gonna get through some dogs. But you're call mate. All the best.

• Like 2

I know what you're saying fella but that's one small fault in everything that we ask of a working dog. You ain't gonna get the perfect dog. The next one might smash cover but not retrieve. The one after might retrieve but cries in the kennel. The next one might be quiet but got bad feet.

I could carry on.

If you're gonna get rid of every dog what isn't 100% perfect then you're gonna get through some dogs. But you're call mate. All the best.

Best post I've read on here for a long time...

this bitch must of been on the lucky streak of its life the other night to kill 2 the other night,last night perfect conditions squaters right out in the field couldn't kill 1 rabbits she had plenty of chances on very very easy rabbits that i honestly think my 6 month old pup could kill for one shes putting everything in to her strike but throwing her self and the wrong time (she isent scared to launch her self at 1) and for 2 she wont go anywhere near cover she sees a rabbits going for hedge she puts the breaks on as soon as it hits she just turns round,ill give it the bitch that shes fast and has loads of wind did not see her pant once but i cant take many more night out like that give her a month or so try again if not then...i no shes not a rabbit dog but if she cant pick up a squatter in the middle of a if a fair sized field then...and she had about 5-6 of these

the rain was about the only thing in your favour. the moons up and although there was good cloud cover it was still a light night the rabbits could see where they were going and were flying into the hedges where i was. you are working a young dog that you have brought in so i wouldnt be to disapointed as its only your second time out with the dog from what i can gather reading your post on here.

I could carry on.

spot on gaz they have all got there faults.

I honestly think pup is to young mate I wouldn't be running a 10 month pup I would at that age be only doing dropped ones but every dog is different, I'm not having a dig pal but just because a dog is quite or doesn't bounce around like a pup should do doesn't mean it's mature remember you have only had it a short time and dogs need time to settle in and cope with stress of the move etc in the video clip you posted it looks like it's getting push around by the younger white dog that it can't get away from, give it one to one time and a chance to come out of its shell.

I bred the litter and picked the biggest most forward botch from it I also happen too know the breed quite well too

She simply too young for what she is being pushed towards like it or not ?if it where in there best interests to be working now then mine would be

When lads came too buy the surplus pups they where given general advice and also warned its a pure saluki not a lamping dog or a coursing dog. The lad who originally bought her and reared her says she was not given any graft with him he never indicated too me that she had been grafted and let's be fair it's the summer so well she should not of been

If he had and messed it up then shame on him but again she extremely young this breed need just a bit longer than most too find their feet and grow out too full me tL and physical maturity

I'd not consider running mine until at least February early March, she already had a few rabbits off moors n one leveret she found in grass paddock, she very forward and sure footed as she runs with big pack of similar types but as much as she looks ready I know she isn't

Some kids look amazing boxers very young they get held back for a reason ✌️ Take your time with her mate and you will get a very good lurcher at the very least out of her if it were me I'd get her back too being a pup and wait until she shows you she ready too work

• Like 3

https://www.gumtree.com/p/dogs/saluki/1131688369.

I see the dogs back up for sale again ? disgusting

yh it can go to a pet home now the lads ovesly run it and took me for a dick if the dogs stopping at a few thistles before a hedge its not going to get out of it the dog doesent want to try its okay saying its young but it should be capable of killing a rabbit at ten months as soon as it turns a bunny and it sees it going for hedge it stops the bitch has ovestly been run ,it may sound a dick but i haven't got time to wait another 6 months to risk it comeing right as i brought this bitch to bring on from the start of this season as my other dogs f****d his leg and i have nothing to run

yh it can go to a pet home now the lads ovesly run it and took me for a dick if the dogs stopping at a few thistles before a hedge its not going to get out of it the dog doesent want to try its okay saying its young but it should be capable of killing a rabbit at ten months as soon as it turns a bunny and it sees it going for hedge it stops the bitch has ovestly been run ,it may sound a dick but i haven't got time to wait another 6 months to risk it comeing right as i brought this bitch to bring on from the start of this season as my other dogs f****d his leg and i have nothing to run

Haven't got time to wait 6 months? Why what's happening?

It caught you 2 rabbits the other night and you were bouncing.

It may never hit cover. Who knows. But it ain't the end of the world fella. I would stick with it.

What you gonna do now? Buy in the perfect dog? Because honestly, there isn't one for sale.

• Like 1

Haven't got time to wait 6 months? Why what's happening?

It caught you 2 rabbits the other night and you were bouncing.

It may never hit cover. Who knows. But it ain't the end of the world fella. I would stick with it.

What you gonna do now? Buy in the perfect dog? Because honestly, there isn't one for sale.

im not going to sell it gaz i was just pissed off that the dogs has defiantly been run before after i asked the guy multiple times witch takes the piss after i payed £300 for it im not going to put her on the lamp now just try her in day in month or 2

Simple question , "did you buy the pup as a trained working dog?" Some pups will break cover naturally some need to be encouraged and run with other dogs to get into the mindset to do it. A pure saluki is primarily a sight hound and will focus spot and chase moving objects, and catch them thousands of years of breeding. You have bought a 10 months old saluki pup , so dont expect it to have been run and trained the way you want it to perform. The seller may or may not have worked it , you have no reason not to accept it when he says he has not as from your own post it is obvious the pup knows nothing. Some folk have temperaments that are not compatible with certain breeds and their traits The bitch needs to be treated as a blank canvas and you have a good season in front of you to iron out any bad traits or shortcomings, Patience and time are needed with the pup so either stick with it or send it to a home with experience of the breed ATB with what ever you decide.

Edited by desertbred