Can't Get Anyone To Do The Rabbits!!

moxy

I recently took a rabbit control job on, nice house, nice large garden. All secured with a well installed rabbit fence and set in the middle of some nice farmland.

The fence has the odd hole here and there from stock damage which the rabbits have used to their advantage.

Although there was the odd few bunnys digging up the pristine lawns. The real issue is the surrounding land.

Seriously untouched with good rabbit numbers. All green and unspooked.

Now with a bit of liaising between the house owner and farmer, I managed to get the farmers number and gave him a call.

We had already agreed at the start of the job that I had consent to shoot over the boundry and retrieve. The phone conversation was to try and get a little bit more but I was surprised by the outcome.

It turns out that since an old boy who used to keep the rabbits in check had died. They couldn't get anyone to come and control the rabbits!!

A few lads had approached and been given permission. Turned up the once and never to be seen again!!

I find that madness. Especially with all the talk of permission so hard to come by.

Their loss. I've picked up a good few acreage with plenty of rabbits.

Some good bags to be had......... :thumbs:

Here's a few of the bags I've had from the garden.

More to come.

image_zps6phtllwb.jpg

image_zpsnmjtrk5t.jpg

image_zpshz2hrojm.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Crack on moxy there loss your gain . Probably be the type with stolen ferrets and dogs that's had more homes than proper Feeds

They say one photo is worth a thousand words, here's two that say it all.       TC

They aren`t those rabbits that Big Mac and Rez like to shoot are they ? No wonder no one goes back for more. Old and very slow to react, full of fleas and mixy , thoroughly "inter-

Posted Images

Crack on moxy there loss your gain . Probably be the type with stolen ferrets and dogs that's had more homes than proper Feeds

The lads who never came back not you mate looks like I worded that wrong lol

I knew what you meant pal :thumbs:

Their loss. I just find it crackers.

Their not going to waste Ross.

:thumbs: Couple of nice frier's in that first photo. Deep fried until crisp in beef dripping, mmmmmmm my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

TC

Id like to say that's where they ended up. Frozen now so there's still a chance :thumbs:

:thumbs: Couple of nice frier's in that first photo. Deep fried until crisp in beef dripping, mmmmmmm my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

TC

Id like to say that's where they ended up. Frozen now so there's still a chance :thumbs:

:thumbs: They say one photo is worth a thousand words, here's two that say it all.

2008_0829rabbitfried0006-1.jpg

2008_0829rabbitfried0009-1.jpg

TC

• Like 3

:yes: :yes:

I would have been running for the freezer but I've just got 60lb of the best farm bred and butcherd sausages today.

I'm stuffed and more for breakfast.

Them rabbit portions look grand though :thumbs: