Itching To Get Out... Am I Wrong..??

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

added benefit of nice tender rabbits about  

He's going lamping not mollesting children ?

I find it funny how I can go out around august and kill a few half grown rabbits and get hammered for being a summer hunter.   But the same lads will still be out ferreting in February and March kil

rabbits kick off breeding around here end of feb so they have had best part of 6 months peace at least from me. So now it is fun time. Me my dog and my ferrets you can't beat it

saying that I am hardly the rabbit terminator though that may change with my new pal this year :)

Edited by terryd

Each to there own but find it funny when every year the same names on this site n others are goin out in the summer n then in the season they struggle to get enough work for there dogs they never learn lol

farmers say go ya gotta go bud

Then that's different but none of the farmers Iv got permission off have ever got onto me in the summer n Iv got a few farms..they've usually got sheep lambs n bullocks out anyway so would prefare them bein left in piece plus if arable that's up anyway.

I don't see a prob gettin a sapling a couple here n there when poss for gettin em going but can't for the life of me see any benifit in taking an adult dog out in August just killing there own sport n the dog gains nothing, not something that bothers me mind just don't see the point..

• Like 2

Each to there own but find it funny when every year the same names on this site n others are goin out in the summer n then in the season they struggle to get enough work for there dogs they never learn lol

farmers say go ya gotta go bud

Then that's different but none of the farmers Iv got permission off have ever got onto me in the summer n Iv got a few farms..they've usually got sheep lambs n bullocks out anyway so would prefare them bein left in piece plus if arable that's up anyway.

I don't see a prob gettin a sapling a couple here n there when poss for gettin em going but can't for the life of me see any benifit in taking an adult dog out in August just killing there own sport n the dog gains nothing, not something that bothers me mind just don't see the point..

but it's there sport and the dog does gain something it's called working fitness only something you can achieve from actually working them you can walk/bike your dog as much as you like it won't get too working fitness till it's working plus even the yearlings can still make an old dog look stupid the only diffrence I see it's September in a weeks time and how many folk would complain about duck shooters getting out on the 1st of September Iam afraid too say the hunting season is upon us alrdy the dogs alrdy been waiting 6 month of the year certainly don't see a problem starting now but every one too there own

Your right in that not long to go now so why the mad gold rush besides there's lads been goin well before this week they were goin July start of August , as in the dog gains nowt there's not many rabbits will put up much of a show to an experienced dog now there dumb as feck, yeh the best way to to get em runnin fit is to run em but no need to rush into that at this time of year there's plenty time for them to gradually get fitter as the season goes on n let's be honest they have to be that fit for lampin a few rabbits at the start anyway n fitness then comes into play as the season rolls on no good to anyone a dog peaking to early plus it's way warm n the ground ain't right...just my opinion n as you say tho each to there own..

Edited by dodger
  • Like 1

Your right in that not long to go now so why the mad gold rush besides there's lads been goin well before this week they were goin July start of August , as in the dog gains nowt there's not many rabbits will put up much of a show to an experienced dog now there dumb as feck, yeh the best way to to get em runnin fit is to run em but no need to rush into that at this time of year there's plenty time for them to gradually get fitter as the season goes on n let's be honest they have to be that fit for lampin a few rabbits at the start anyway n fitness then comes into play as the season rolls on no good to anyone a dog peaking to early plus it's way warm n the ground ain't right...just my opinion n as you say tho each to there own..

not so sure about them being dumb and easy the old dogs got too get some rust of he's teeth he was made too look stupid bye some yearlings last night can alrdy start too see some off the old injuries he's picked up over the years starting too show up certainly not turning like a 2 year old anymore and it certainly ain't warm this way unless we get a surprise summer in December it's done nothing but piss down up here the last month there's prob be 4 days you could of said were warmest hell I had the heating on in July one night it's on for an hour at night for the last couple of weeks Edited by BIGLURKS