Smart Watches

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use a handheld gps, garmin etrex 10. £60 from ebay, no watch or phone needed, cheaper too. I didnt buy it to tell me how fast or how far Ive walked, my altitude or stopped time, although it is handy

Your legs, thighs and arse cheeks should tell you how far you have walked mate haha. Suppose the watch is better than carrying a phone.

If the dog is laying in the yard way his tongue out an hour after you get back , you have walked far enough. Jesus f**k there's some shite on this site nowadays , a smart watch ffs.

Any dog lads on here have a smart watch? A lad i play rugby with has one tells you your steps a day rough distance youve covered and calories burned etc. Thinking it might be good to track how far i walk the dogs and stuff like that but dont know where to begin looking at them. Hopefully someone could give me a bit of info on some. Cheers lads

Modern technology will only ever tell you one thing,modern technology never ever made for a useful jukel.The education and exercise the mutt and its owner receives through technology is often less productive than olde fashioned hands on knowledge,alas the majority now are reliant on technology they fail to understand and rarely have the olde knowledge that best befits the mutt and its hunting education,knowledge is a most dangerous disease at times,especially if its technology based.

Technology has got 0% to do with what me and my dogs do. And for the record when im lamping my phone stays at home or in the car and same when ferreting i hate distractions. Technology is for my benefit to settle some curiosity.

I use a handheld gps, garmin etrex 10. £60 from ebay, no watch or phone needed, cheaper too. I didnt buy it to tell me how fast or how far Ive walked, my altitude or stopped time, although it is handy.

I bought it to help me back to the car in unfamiliar ground at night. Its quite liberating to know I can get out the car, walk for as long as I want in any direction(s) in the dark and know I`ll get back to my motor even if Ive had to change route...

Its well handy being able to make a beeline to the motor, cutting out X miles at home time especially if you have a full load to carry.

I also use it to mark warrens I intend to ferret in the future. So its win/win for me.

• Like 6

I use a handheld gps, garmin etrex 10. £60 from ebay, no watch or phone needed, cheaper too. I didnt buy it to tell me how fast or how far Ive walked, my altitude or stopped time, although it is handy.

I bought it to help me back to the car in unfamiliar ground at night. Its quite liberating to know I can get out the car, walk for as long as I want in any direction(s) in the dark and know I`ll get back to my motor even if Ive had to change route...

Its well handy being able to make a beeline to the motor, cutting out X miles at home time especially if you have a full load to carry.

I also use it to mark warrens I intend to ferret in the future. So its win/win for me.

Sounds just the job that...

The two bitches are different ones a real ground scent dog and can do 5 x what I do the others more air scent but will cast further probably do about 6-7 x what I do

Thats really interesting i seem to remember one of your previous posts is it your lurchers your talking about?
Yes mate my lurchers

That does sound a good bit of kit Bob. i think it would be good if a very small unit was available to attach to the dogs collar. Just for curiosity to see how far the dog is going while out walking or a nights work.

That does sound a good bit of kit Bob. i think it would be good if a very small unit was available to attach to the dogs collar. Just for curiosity to see how far the dog is going while out walking or a nights work.

The unit is a about the size of a 10 pack of cigarettes, only a little fatter. If you knew some one handy or even strongstuff himself could probably get one on his 50mm collars. Infact, I think youd get away with taping it on if it was only for curiosities sake one evening. Nice tight electrical tape binding and youd be away.

If you get one them watches blake lad let me know how they are bud some silly c**ts on hear bud you should be able to block ppl off your topics

it would be interesting if everyone on here got one and compared how many miles theyve put into there dogs ? makes my piss boil but some good lads on here joining in the topic im glad im not the only one whos ised or thought about them. Cheers lads

The unit is a about the size of a 10 pack of cigarettes, only a little fatter. If you knew some one handy or even strongstuff himself could probably get one on his 50mm collars. Infact, I think youd get away with taping it on if it was only for curiosities sake one evening. Nice tight electrical tape binding and youd be away.

Yea that should hold it Bob I think I will get 1 soon I've always wondered how far I'm walking when up the mountains for a few hours.

I want mine to heel so if I have done 3 mile so has the dog unless I let him have a romp ideally lol. It is interesting to know the distances though it is surprising how far a mile is some times. When people estimate distances they will often be way out. Nothing wrong with technology to make things interesting and if the dogs benefit all well and good

Edited by terryd

I could have done with that one morning on the beach in the fog or a bloody compass :laugh:

It changes doesn't it some people like said want walking to heel others are ferreters and some like their dogs to cast off ! Iv had one bitch well over a mile away from me at one point and still going ! Tomorrow I will map my walk and use the collars to see the difference actually on mine

• Like 1