Polishing Up

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once the sun had burned off the mist it was a glorious morning, not a lot of action but worth having a look out, the boat,   Murky start     A couple for supper       Cheers Brian

I will see if i can explain how it works,but you will have to bare with me as i am not the brightest spark on the planet. Starting with the Poles [rods] they are 16 to 18 ft long made from bamboo [p

Forecast good for tomorrow so i am off out char fishing in the morning, home made baits needed a polish up,i thought some of you might be interested to see some, they are all made from brass, bronze,

Posted Images

It was nice to meet you Ant, i enjoyed the craic, i hope we can have another go, but it will probably have to be next season, i am glad you enjoyed yourself and next time we will catch some Char [hopefully].

Dont worry about losing the only fish we had on, it has only taken me about 30hrs to find him :tongue2:.

Brian

• Like 4
  • 7 months later...

My mate had one on windermere many years ago. i had a look this is for windermere dont know about the others.

Windermere boat registration

All powered boats on Windermere, whether in use, moored, for private use or business must have a current Windermere Registration. This includes any boat with an outboard or electric motor or any other mechanical means of propulsion.

Current fees
  • £20 for new registrations
  • £10 for a full set of self-adhesive registration numbers - postage included
  • £15 for registration renewals
  • £20 to transfer the registration into a new owner's name
  • £1 for a single self-adhesive registration number
How to register your boat

Please print and complete the Windermere Annual Boat Registration Form (PDF)

The form must be accompanied by photocopies of two proofs of identity. These must include the name and current postal address of the person registering as the owner. Driving licences, utility bills, bank statements, council tax bills or similar are acceptable. Do not send originals.

Submit the completed form and the proofs of identity using one of the methods below:

• scan and email your completed registration form and proofs of identify to windermere.registration@lakedistrict.gov.uk and phone 01539 724555 to pay with a debit or credit card (Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm, or Friday 9am to 4.45pm)
  • post your completed registration form, photocopied proofs of identity and a cheque made payable to "Lake District National Park Authority" to Windermere Registration, LDNPA, Murley Moss, Oxenholme Road, Kendal, LA9 7RL

The registration form can also be used:

• if you've lost or not received a renewal reminder
  • to inform us of a transfer of ownership (see bottom of this page)
  • to notify us of changes in your details (changes of address require proofs of identity - see above)
  • to order replacement self-adhesive registration numbers.
How to renew your registration Renewing online

You can renew online by debit or credit card using our secure online payment system. Paying online is the fastest way to renew and it reduces our admin costs.

Why can't I make a new registration and pay online?

When we process your first application to register a boat we need to check your identity and have your signature on the registration form.

Renewing in person

You can renew in person at our head office using your renewal letter. If you take a paper copy of your email or do not have a renewal reminder, you will need to show a proof of identity (including address, such as a driving licence or utility bill) and complete a renewal form. Please note that you are not currently able to renew at Ferry Nab.

Display of numbers and annual marks

Registration numbers and annual marks must be displayed in accordance with the Windermere Lake Byelaws 2008 (PDF). Failure to do so may result in enforcement action.

Small Ships Register

The exemption for vessels registered on the Small Ships Register ended in April 2011. All powered vessels must now be registered with the Windermere Registration Scheme.

I have sold my boat - what should I do?

Registered owners have a legal obligation, under the Windermere Lake Byelaws 2008 (PDF) to notify us in writing within 14 days of the sale or disposal of the vessel.

Please send us the date of transfer and the name and address of the new owner (plus phone numbers and an email address if you have them). You can email these to windermere.registration@lakedistrict.gov.uk, or post them to:
Windermere Registration
LDNPA
Murley Moss
Oxenholme Road
Kendal
LA9 7RL

Useful publications and links
  • Like 2
Launching and recovery

The slipway is located at Ferry Nab.

Location of the slipway

It is open every day except Christmas Day, weather permitting. Opening times vary.

You have to pay a fee before launching.

Daily rate (inc VAT)

Craft: All untrailered non motorised craft which are carried to the water's edge.

Free

Craft: All other craft up to 11m or 3.5 tonnes

£13

Craft: Local residents 10 launch pass (25% discount) conditions apply

£97.50

Craft: Non-local residents 10 launch pass (10% discount)

£117

Car parking at Ferry Nab

(Multi tariff applies 8am to 8pm)

• up to one hour : £1.50

• up to two hours: £3

• up to three hours: £4

• up to four hours: £5

• up to six hours: £6

• up to 10 hours: £7

• all day: £8

• three day parking permit: £15

• seven day parking permit: £30

• annual car parking permit(mooring and storage customers only): £155

• car and trailer parking all day when launching: £10

• car and trailer on multi tariff: need to purchase two tickets
  • motorcycles: free

Contact
  • Phone 015394 427 53

thanks darbo ! so it looks like its just a money thing for the registration and not a boat specification/safety thing ,any idea what launching costs are and is there much hassel getting parked at launch sites during the summer months ? presumably some slips are more popular than others