Bulking Diet.

It's great mate I'm only allowed 1700 calories a day !! Trying to drop from 15 at 5 to about 14st while I'm not playing rugby but I'm walking a few miles a day and biking and rowing in the gym with a few leg weights ( recent knee op) I spend most my time barcode scanning things lol

That seems very low, how much do you aim to lose a week? Doesn't cutting too drastic lose you too much muscle as well as fat?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

numbers numbers numbers......an olympic marathon runner needs to be very calculated about the numbers of miles they put in.....somebody just out for a jog to get a bit fitter doesnt need to worry abou

Just follow my diet lads,,,,you can't fail to bang on some pounds,,,,,

There's no way that 2 stone is muscle mate,,,,   Just be carfull your not just going to get fat,,,i understand you want to gain some weight,,,but being in good knick and lean,,,you can actually look

I use my fitnesspal mate it's good I think it helps when your putting the food in gets you into a bit of a routine !

I actually look forward to looking how many calories I got left got the day and working my meals out !

Also you can link it to you phone step meter so if you've walked a lot it add extra calories to eat from what you've burnt off

It's great, I've just had a breakfast of Golden Syrup Porridge, whole fat milk, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and a banana. Came to a grand total of 509 calories, only another 3,267 to go. I feel full already though..,

Drink a pint of full milk for breakfast and that would make the total calories 879 after all breakfast is the most inportant of the day

numbers numbers numbers......an olympic marathon runner needs to be very calculated about the numbers of miles they put in.....somebody just out for a jog to get a bit fitter doesnt need to worry about numbers they just need to get the very basics correct and the rest will follow ......sometimes theres just too much information out there and the basics get totally overlooked......numbers complicates,de- motivates and generally hinders progress as worldwide gym membership numbers indicate.......as a beginner keep things simple and do the right things instead of the wrong things.

• Like 7

numbers numbers numbers......an olympic marathon runner needs to be very calculated about the numbers of miles they put in.....somebody just out for a jog to get a bit fitter doesnt need to worry about numbers they just need to get the very basics correct and the rest will follow ......sometimes theres just too much information out there and the basics get totally overlooked......numbers complicates,de- motivates and generally hinders progress as worldwide gym membership numbers indicate.......as a beginner keep things simple and do the right things instead of the wrong things.

Of course numbers matter, if you train but don't eat enough calories you will lose more muscle than you had to start with. I understand what you're saying but you have to keep track.

Of course numbers matter, if you train but don't eat enough calories you will lose more muscle than you had to start with. I understand what you're saying but you have to keep track.

More important to know your body than to know numbers, you cant have an app on a phone getting it right for 1000's of people, we are individuals with individual needs, use the numbers as a rough guide dont live by them

• Like 2

Spot on. For someone who hasn't done much in a gym, if you train 3 or 4 times a week going reasonably heavy. Cut the crap out of your diet and up the protein, and rest. You will see a difference reasonably quickly..

Bollocks to all that " so many grams of oats", unless your a bodybuilder training for a comp...

• Like 2

Spot on. For someone who hasn't done much in a gym, if you train 3 or 4 times a week going reasonably heavy. Cut the crap out of your diet and up the protein, and rest. You will see a difference reasonably quickly..

Bollocks to all that " so many grams of oats", unless your a bodybuilder training for a comp...

That's all well and good. But look at how many fat fuckers you see in the gym. Who stay fat week after week. Don't you think they THINK they are eating the right things?

They just don't understand how many calories they are putting into their bodies until they count them calories. And they say "oh shit, I've been eating loads".

• Like 1

A beginner can make things as simple as they want or as complicated as they want........ive seen plenty of people get interested in training but probably less than half STAY interested......on average the people who tend to keep the beginning simple stay interested and the people who complicate the beginning with numbers and excess information tend to lose desire and motivation........coincidence or pattern id say its a pattern.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3

That's all well and good. But look at how many fat fuckers you see in the gym. Who stay fat week after week. Don't you think they THINK they are eating the right things?

They just don't understand how many calories they are putting into their bodies until they count them calories. And they say "oh shit, I've been eating loads".

My post was aimed at the original post Gaz, a bulking diet for a relatively new gym user. Not a fat git trying to loose weight...

For a novice in a gym to jump on a strict diet like the one mentioned is almost certain to fail to follow it 100% accurately gram for gram.

I wouldn't enjoy the gym if my diet was taking over my life, I train hard enough and have cut some of the crap out of my diet, upped my protein intake and have made enough gains to keep me happy and motivated ... Unless you are bodybuilder training and conditioning for a comp then you don't need to make things so complicated...

• Like 2

My post was aimed at the original post Gaz, a bulking diet for a relatively new gym user. Not a fat git trying to loose weight...

For a novice in a gym to jump on a strict diet like the one mentioned is almost certain to fail to follow it 100% accurately gram for gram.

I wouldn't enjoy the gym if my diet was taking over my life, I train hard enough and have cut some of the crap out of my diet, upped my protein intake and have made enough gains to keep me happy and motivated ... Unless you are bodybuilder training and conditioning for a comp then you don't need to make things so complicated...

Fair play. You've clearly got the balance right, or somewhere near.

I was just giving another perspective. Different methods work better for different people. I have to weigh foods and calorie count, otherwise I go overboard without realising.

Agreed, I'm sure a few novices would get better results with a strict plan.

I was just generalising, if one of my mates wanted to start training with me and I gave them the diet in the first post I wouldn't expect to see them after the first week..

Slightly off topic but something me and my training partner are seeing time and time again, we train in a rough and ready gym on an industrial estate, half the lads in there have been inside and are a bit of a handful. They come in the gym start training and jump straight on the gear, get massive, strong and bloated, confidence goes through the roof start shouting the place down while lifting, then one day they disappear and you don't see them for six months... And when you do see them again they look like they have never been in a gym...Funny really..

• Like 2

I was just generalising, if one of my mates wanted to start training with me and I gave them the diet in the first post I wouldn't expect to see them after the first week..

Slightly off topic but something me and my training partner are seeing time and time again, we train in a rough and ready gym on an industrial estate, half the lads in there have been inside and are a bit of a handful. They come in the gym start training and jump straight on the gear, get massive, strong and bloated, confidence goes through the roof start shouting the place down while lifting, then one day they disappear and you don't see them for six months... And when you do see them again they look like they have never been in a gym...Funny really..

Never understood that. Jumping straight on the juice. I've only been lifting seriously since May, was always into boxing and circuit training when I've trained before. But I wouldn't get on the gear until I was in half decent shape.

Never understood that. Jumping straight on the juice. I've only been lifting seriously since May, was always into boxing and circuit training when I've trained before. But I wouldn't get on the gear until I was in half decent shape.

Is that Tyson Fury wearing a strongstuff collar in your avatar?

:laugh:

He's growing on me,where did you find the pic?