Best Way To Separate Dogs Fighting

I suppose it could be argued that way if they wanted to do you over. I always thought it was alright to own a "dangerous" dog (assuming not a banned breed) as long as you kept it under control though? I reckon legally you'd be fine but you could be open to civil action :hmm:

This is assuming your dog didn't run off an attack another, I'm thinkin more in situations where another dog has run up to your leaded up and under control dog.

Edited by BGD

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I step in a bit early to avoid any fighting. Soon as I see another dog I stick the finger straight in..   When asked I just say it's a precautionary measure to ensure the safety of all dogs..

Instead of a finger i carry a small dildo and ram it up its asshole if trouble is ahead.

E collar is not advised for aggression..   Dogs that fight are a Pain in the ass..

I suppose it could be argued that way if they wanted to do you over. I always thought it was alright to own a "dangerous" dog (assuming not a banned breed) as long as you kept it under control though? I reckon legally you'd be fine but you could be open to civil action :hmm:

This is assuming your dog didn't run off an attack another, I'm thinkin more in situations where another dog has run up to your leaded up and under control dog.

if another dog comes up to your leaded dog and attacks it, its obviously the other dogs (owners) fault, as its not under control. The moment you whip out your break stick, you enter a grey area. It would then be up to you to defend your actions and your dogs temperament. don't blame me I dont make the rules up!

muzzle the dog and wear steel toe caps if you get that worried about it.

if another dog comes up to your leaded dog and attacks it, its obviously the other dogs (owners) fault, as its not under control. The moment you whip out your break stick, you enter a grey area. It would then be up to you to defend your actions and your dogs temperament. don't blame me I dont make the rules up!

muzzle the dog and wear steel toe caps if you get that worried about it.

Aye you're probably right, we know how they like to twist things to paint bull breed owners in a bad light. Aslo just occured to me that having breaksticks about the house could be seriously bad news for you in the event of an RSPCA/Police visit :no:

Personally never felt the need to carry a breakstick so it doesn't really effect me either way, in the extremely unlikely event that my dog gets a hold of another dog I'm confident enough to use my hands to break them :thumbs:

• Like 2

There is no actual law against carrying one and I don't think it's ever been tested in court, could look bad like trenchfoot was saying but no one can really know for sure.

Having them lying around the house along with a few history books on APBTs could definitely be used as evidence against you in an animal fighting case though :no:

Personally I'd say if you're not confident using your hands to pry them apart and feel it may be needed then carry on, it can always be fecked off into a bush before the law get there...

Edited by BGD

Agreed it will look bad but if ya dog won't let go at all its perfect tool no hitting or choking ya dog or even sticking ya finger up the dogs bum hahaha I wish I had one when my dog got attacked it took me agers and help off other people to get the dog off mine now mine see's any dog and goes nuts for them now so I walk mine with a muzzle just incase

In a pinch you can use your hands in a similar way to a breakstick, grab the top and bottom jaw and get your fingers between the teeth where you'd normally put the breakstick and pry them apart, has never failed for me and I've never been bit when doing it :thumbs:

Ive met a few aggressive dogs, I used to put the leash on him, when i saw them coming, not good one dived in, and i had a bit of job getting it away, lucky no damage, now i keep him off the leash, he is 3 parts Whippet x 1/4 Bedlington, friendly dog, but anything aggressive he just uses his speed to get out of trouble

• Like 1

I try to keep my hands out of any dogs mouth I tend to use them every day and really like my hands hahaha

Don't know what you're talking about I've been splitting dogs like that for years and I'm fine, here's my hand to prove it :whistling:

article-2271805-1749BF68000005DC-219_306

Honestly if you're quick and confident you'll be fine, not something to be attempted if you're not both of those things though :laugh:

Edited by BGD

See I'm not sure how having a breakstick could work against you? If we're talking UK here the law is about dogs being dangerously out of control, surely having a breakstick shows you're taking measures to stop it being dangerously out of control? :hmm:

Assuming your dog couldn't be considered of "type" under Section 1 of course.

it could be argued that the reason that you are carrying a breakstick is that you KNOW the dog is likely to attack another dog. Which is tantamount to admitting the dog is dangerous.

:thumbs: good point , if your dog is aggressive with other dogs, you got no other choice but to keep it on a lead full stop :yes: with the new law if it attacked another dog , you the owner can get up to 12 months in jail , and dog put down. So it on a lead simple as that , ive got big dog that daft as brush with people+dogs , but even if he hurt a another dog accidentally , which he could very easy, I still get the blame if he was loose off the lead , so if your dog sharp with other dogs it stays on the lead :yes:

If we are talking lurchers here, I would expect most lurchers to let go of whatever its got hold of on command. Even when they were worked on large quarry and stuff that bit back, once I had a good hand on the dogs collar, I want it to let when told. Even if what ever its opponent was was not dead. Some have taken a little more persuading than others in certain circumstances though, but never needed a break stick