• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lads its a little scrape from a bird thats weights what,5-6lb,cut back its spurs and handle it more often should be fine.

Years ago and i mean my earliest memory of my Grandad .He had rows of cocks in cages ,some hooded but all shackled.These cocks had a purpose .Im not advocating the same but keep one and expect it ,end

The bugger would be in the freezer if it was mine ......

Posted Images

Years ago and i mean my earliest memory of my Grandad .He had rows of cocks in cages ,some hooded but all shackled.These cocks had a purpose .Im not advocating the same but keep one and expect it ,end of .

• Like 2

Yep had a few of those before one of mine attacked my gran and left with similar marks my grandad booted it latterly went 20ft away and the game little thing came running back as soon as it got back on its feet for more another one we had an old English game cock that would never get put away and live in the trees it would just go about my uncles yard and attack anybody who came into the yard some workmen refused to work in the yard unless the cockrell was away postman would latterly sling the post over the gates and drive away as it would wait there at the gates at roughly the same time he arrived everyday silly thing met its match in the end tho when a fox caught it

• Like 1
Guest Navek

Sound like youve a bit to learn mate but youll come back with been in the game 30 years and all that .If youve never seen game fowl shackled youve not been about mate end of.

Shackled as in both of its feet tied together shackled or tied out ?.....As in on a tie cord staked to the ground

Edited by Navek
Guest Navek

Keeper eley no it's not mine mate I was using it as an example of showing a bird on a tie out as I've never heard of shackling chickens like fox dropper mentioned I thought maybe he ment on a tie out cord

Sound like youve a bit to learn mate but youll come back with been in the game 30 years and all that .If youve never seen game fowl shackled youve not been about mate end of.

Shackled as in both of its feet tied together shackled or tied out ?.....As in on a tie cord staked to the ground

That looks like one of them American hatch what I have a friend

I think hobbled would be better term as said .Was years ago tbh .All i remember was fowl that couldnt lift one leg for the very reason stated and in cages.Some were hooded with socks that i can say but might of been just my grandads way mind but the hobbling ive seen many times since.My dad and my grandad had a falling out so vjsits wernt that often ?