Not Impressed With The 100

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant blame the gun mate , its the shooter

cant believe you even doubted us tbh they are a fecking tool even in .22 glad your sorted with it, can you not get the nv on it and get back in there after some rats? gives you some where get out i

Should of gone for the KT and in .177

Posted Images

First date and she said NO !

Mac she is one of the "finest" .22 pcp`s out there and it`s her fault you missed three times on the first night out together ?

I totally agree with the lads about giving yourself time with her.

I have exactly the same rifle and use her on open land,- it is very hard to miss "in daylight" but very easy to misjudge my ranges at night with the more pronounced trajectory of .22.

Plink with her in the light, then dark hours with your set up Mac and i think you will soon see why the HW 100`s are so popular.

atb

Edited by mark williams
  • Like 2

She is not going any where yet lads ill give her another go i may go to the farm and do as vis did last week just sit and play with her

i want it to become good as this is going to be my nv set up

Sean just fitted the sling stud mate ,,,,good this time ,,,

took it off the 80 so will have to replace the stud this week

just had a play in the yard and she is getting better as i say,d last night after the second plinking hour

just put 14 pellets in the same hole just about using first mill dot above cross hairs as i did not want to adjust the zero as you no its not that many yards from the sitting room to my bins against the back wall

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

Mark, i see you have both the .177 and .22 hw100, which would you rate the best for daytime hunting, mainly rabbits. I have the .22 my mate is wanting to buy it off me so have the chance to change to the .177. Cant say i have ever been impressed with 100 in .22 or maybe its the 100 altogether, don't know what to do. I was set for buying the .177 initially but was talked out of it by a few people.

• Like 1

Mark, i see you have both the .177 and .22 hw100, which would you rate the best for daytime hunting, mainly rabbits. I have the .22 my mate is wanting to buy it off me so have the chance to change to the .177. Cant say i have ever been impressed with 100 in .22 or maybe its the 100 altogether, don't know what to do. I was set for buying the .177 initially but was talked out of it by a few people.

Iv say,d this before the 177 cal in any rifle is devastating in the right hands on feather or fur but the thing i did wrong was put the 177 down and take the 22 out as when i went back to 177 i could not hit any thing

its 22 for me as thats what i was tort to shoot from a young age and its in my blood may have been different if it had been 177

if your not happy with 22 give 177 ago

I cannot express enough how lethal a .177 HW 100 is on small game.

I have the .22 ks and that is just as lethal when you know your milldots but my kt (.177) will be going nowhere.

The picture to the left is a typical result of an outing with the HW 100 in any format.

atb

Edited by mark williams
  • Like 1

Mac I might join you for a plinking session tonight, as I still want to run some lead through mine, you may gave to loan me little hunters bipod for tonight bud, I ordered mine yesterday !

• Like 2

I will decide over the next day or so but i have a good opportunity to change so will probably give it a go. Thanks for the replies, i saw a post on a hw100 forum on the internet which so far stands at 70 for .177, 20 for .22, if i go for it i would also change from the thumbhole to sporter stock, first thumbhole i have ever had and prefer the sporter stocks of my previous guns.

• Like 1

Mac I might join you for a plinking session tonight, as I still want to run some lead through mine, you may gave to loan me little hunters bipod for tonight bud, I ordered mine yesterday !

If he is back from the caravan ill get it for you bud

I had the hw100 sporter in .177 which never let me down, accurate as hell but to me it just didn't have the hitting power that the .22 has, it may just be in my mind but I would never go back to .177.

I will decide over the next day or so but i have a good opportunity to change so will probably give it a go. Thanks for the replies, i saw a post on a hw100 forum on the internet which so far stands at 70 for .177, 20 for .22, if i go for it i would also change from the thumbhole to sporter stock, first thumbhole i have ever had and prefer the sporter stocks of my previous guns.

Your round the bend mate, get ya stubborn head round it & get a tin of pellets through it, it will come good if you give it a chance;

You more than any one no,s what im like when i start being stubborn :laugh:

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I will never forget the day you got the lip on at the motocross track and the kicked all the bikes over in temper then went and sat on the wall like little jack horner , you huffy bad tempered git, I couldn't help but rip the pi $$ out of you and that came good in the end! The same will happen here ! So you may aswell face it mate, you know I'm right ! Try then try again lol

Your round the bend mate, get ya stubborn head round it & get a tin of pellets through it, it will come good if you give it a chance;

You more than any one no,s what im like when i start being stubborn :laugh:

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: