New Hutch Dimensions

I've just built a new hutch,,,,7 foot long by 3 feet,,,and it's almost 6 foot tall,,,,it's split in half an upper and lower hutch,,,,loads of room with a wheel in each section,,,,the bed area as the others have said is a foot wide

• Like 1

I've just built a new hutch,,,,7 foot long by 3 feet,,,and it's almost 6 foot tall,,,,it's split in half an upper and lower hutch,,,,loads of room with a wheel in each section,,,,the bed area as the others have said is a foot wide

We call something that size a shed :laugh:

• Like 4

It's made from 2x2 and half inch ply,,,,weighs a ton,,,,I had to move it using a skate board under one end,,,and lifting the other,,,combined with loads of swearing,,lol

• Like 3

It's made from 2x2 and half inch ply,,,,weighs a ton,,,,I had to move it using a skate board under one end,,,and lifting the other,,,combined with loads of swearing,,lol

Just an idea,but you could buy 4 castors :thumbs: Screw them to a piece of wood.....then you would have a skateboard for both ends :laugh:

• Like 2

Hi everyone.i am building some new hutches.4foot long in total.should i make the partition between bed area and day area 50/50 or 1ft 3ft? Thankyou

How high are you making your hutches? think about raising the bed area off the floor and a ramp/pipe to enter through, hinged door for cleaning out and they've got33% more floor area to use.

Y.I.S Leeview

• Like 2

Just an idea,but you could buy 4 castors :thumbs: Screw them to a piece of wood.....then you would have a skateboard for both ends :laugh:

I have got a big heavy chicken house that was a nightmare to move.i drilled 2 small holes 12 inches apart, looped a piece of rope through and tied.did it both ends and use them as cheap easy handles.2blokes can move it easy now