Liar Or Doesn't Know What He's Talking About?

It's always awkward telling someone they're an idiot, but more so when they are the guvnor of your local.

Today he asked me if I shoot my land, to which I answered yes. He then told me I couldn't do that until the police came and checked the land. I explained I had an open ticket but he said I still had to get the land cleared and told me he had had his ticket for 30 years.

I said he was talking about a closed ticket and he said no, his ticket had been open for 30 years.

Has he really misunderstood the conditions of his ticket for that long or is he talking out of his arse?

The icing on the cake was when he told me if I wanted to shoot deer, I had to buy a game licence from the local post office.

Maybe I'm pished and he was talking sense, but I really doubt it as I can read English.

Print out the rules and show him .......

I told him the wording on my ticket i.e, anywhere the shooter has lawful authority to shoot and he said it still had to be cleared. We left as my ears started smoking. :laugh:

Print out the rules and show him .......

I told him the wording on my ticket i.e, anywhere the shooter has lawful authority to shoot and he said it still had to be cleared. We left as my ears started smoking. :laugh:

Typical pub landlord think they know everything ......

• Like 5

You need to keep an eye out for those incomers , move out of the smoke into the sticks & think they know everything ..won't be long before he's asking loads of stupid questions about sheep and the like ..just amuse him , he'll get fed up soon . Feel sorry for you old country types having to put up with fcuking townies taking over ...

• Like 7

I don't know why you don't take your phone from your pocket, type it into Google and end the arguement in 10 secs.

Maybe bet a pint on it....?

• Like 1

Deer don't actually constitute 'Game' anyway.........but,on the other side of the coin they do as soon as they are dead.......go figure.

Also the 'Game Licence' has not been a requirement since 01st August 2007

I think the bloke likes the sound of his own voice mate just humour him.

Martin

• Like 2

A Game Licence was required to shoot deer on open land but not on enclosed farmland. As for the need for having each bit of permission checked over the Landlord might've had a confusing conversation with an FAO when he made his early applications. I don't know if its the same with every constabulary but around here even someone with an "open" certificate is required to have one piece of land passed as suitable and named on the FAC.

He might not be a knob ;just out of touch with the passing of the Game Licence and a bit confused...

Then again he might be ....