Have been plagued with itch the last 3 years. Have tried all sorts ivermec, norocectin, tac tic wash. Moved all the wooden boxes out they all plastic now. Some of the dogs clearing but some of them I cant get it shifted. Seems to be clearing on some then it comes back again its a nightmare. Has anyone any ideas?

Malaseb

Think Malaseb is prescription only, I had a similar prob with one of mine. All dogs fed, kenneled, walked the same so knew it was the dog lol

Got some homeopathic Maleseb substitute off the net, bout £5 litre, worked a treat.

Could also try benzyl benzoate, can't buy it for dogs but you can for horses lol

Again off the net, £5 litre ish. Can't post links but sure someone can.

HTH.

Cheers, D.

Had the same problem before and breaks out now and again. Most dogs have demodectic mites but some are more prone than others and can be brought on by stress on a dog. Try the ivermectin pour on by weight every week for 4-6 weeks in conjunction with light anti biothics for 1-2 weeks. If you go about this in a shrewd manner a kennel of dogs can be all done together cost effectively...... Be careful on the dosages. Had a fella I know mix up his millilitres and nearly dropped a dog on the spot??

Edited by Corkman
  • Like 1

Seen itch problems on terriers Fed on dry nuts.protein level in the nuts was too high. The itch starts off with terrier having a dry flaky coat and then gets a lot worse.changed terrier feed and no problems since.

• Like 2

Sheep dip will get rid of most itch related problems and most sheep farmers will give you a drop,it does not take much and make sure it is well diluted.I put it in a spray bottle and do both dogs and sleeping boxes works a treat.

• Like 2

auldex should do it what way did you give the invermectin ?

Ivermac used to be 0.5mil poured between the shoulder blades and absorbed through the pores of the skin......ivermac is for cattle and cleans out lung worm ring worm sarcoptic mite....mange....liver and kidneys deadly to a terrier at the wrong dose and any lurcher with collie in its mix...

• Like 1