Springer Fetteling Of The Hw Variety.

HW77 and HW95 to sort out.

I would love to have SFS sort out my rifles one at a time but I know he is real busy guy, any one know what the average turn around is ?. Yes I could give him a call but while he is talking to me he could be working to get on top of things. SFS would be my first choice but there will be others some of which I have heard horror stories about but no one has a bad word for SFS. If I had a time machine to take me to a time when the rifles could be ready and then transform me back to the here and now, I would jump at the chance. Option two choose one of the others ?. Option three bearing in mind I am a new starter is to get a look at a workshop manual/tuning manual, ask the questions and find out what's on the market and have a go. I don't know anything about air rifles but have restored motorcycles LOL.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The basic strip clean and re lube is so simple mate. There's plenty of vids on you tube to show you how. The more advanced tunes including gliding the piston etc requires a lathe. The trigger tune

4ltr milk bottle for spring sleeve I tund my own hw95 Titan xs spring with 2 inch removed set my sights at 20 yards still at further 40 yards 60 total pellet on pellet still it's not just a tuned gun

I can glide your springers. Fit a tophat, piston liner, tune the trigger and fit a new breach seal for £120 posted back to you with a photo diary of the work being done.   Chris

You will not go wrong with a wonky donkey drop in kit about £40 , or you could send the gun of to him and have the full works done ,button piston short stroked tuning kit for about £150

Edited by villaman

Or Welsh Willy, always hear good things about his work and his tuning kits, to be honest if you have had motorcycle engines apart tuning a spring air rifle yourself will be easy, another good option is to send your piston comp tube and spring to tinbum tuning he will mirror polish everything and make you a bespoke tuning kit IE spring guide, top hat, power washers etc and send it all back to you for around £40.00 I think, put it together and you are away.

If your guns have the newer delrin rear guides fitted, then I would suggest all you need is a delrin top hat to go with it & a relube. This will remove the twang from the firing cycle. No need for a new spring, the standard one is fine.

John.

4ltr milk bottle for spring sleeve I tund my own hw95 Titan xs spring with 2 inch removed set my sights at 20 yards still at further 40 yards 60 total pellet on pellet still it's not just a tuned gun it's a mhopton tuned gun and proud any one don't believe me your welcome to try it

• Like 1

So we don't just pump em full of grease LOL.

I have been doing some looking around and it's all very interesting. Do you think SFS would push me to the front of the list if I bung him a fiver LOL.

You will not go wrong with a wonky donkey drop in kit about £40 , or you could send the gun of to him and have the full works done ,button piston short stroked tuning kit for about £150

Hello villaman

Why a short stroke, would that not loose some of the swept volume and some power ?.

Hello villaman

Why a short stroke, would that not loose some of the swept volume and some power ?.

SS creates a faster lock time mate...

Im not a short stroke fan, but some love it. I like the slower shooting cycle, god knows why.

Think the first thing I should do is get one of them little mini chrono thingys that straps to the end of the gun.

Where will I get one at a good price and are they good enough to measure a gun rebuild ?

I can glide your springers.

Fit a tophat, piston liner, tune the trigger and fit a new breach seal for £120 posted back to you with a photo diary of the work being done.

Chris

What do you use as the piston liner? Just out of interest.