Springer Fetteling Of The Hw Variety.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The basic strip clean and re lube is so simple mate. There's plenty of vids on you tube to show you how. The more advanced tunes including gliding the piston etc requires a lathe. The trigger tune

4ltr milk bottle for spring sleeve I tund my own hw95 Titan xs spring with 2 inch removed set my sights at 20 yards still at further 40 yards 60 total pellet on pellet still it's not just a tuned gun

I can glide your springers. Fit a tophat, piston liner, tune the trigger and fit a new breach seal for £120 posted back to you with a photo diary of the work being done.   Chris

I can glide your springers.

Fit a tophat, piston liner, tune the trigger and fit a new breach seal for £120 posted back to you with a photo diary of the work being done.

Chris

Hello Chris

Thanks for that very kind offer and it sounds like a good deal to me.

Can I hold on that and get back to you as I have warmed to the idea of looking inside to see how it all ticks.

This is a great forum that has taken me from zero to two nice rifles in a short space of time.

regards Mike.

• Like 1

The basic strip clean and re lube is so simple mate.

There's plenty of vids on you tube to show you how.

The more advanced tunes including gliding the piston etc requires a lathe.

The trigger tune is fiddly but not very difficult and great care must be taken to not change any of the angles on the faces being polished.

The trigger tune alone makes a big difference.

Chris

• Like 2

The basic strip clean and re lube is so simple mate.

There's plenty of vids on you tube to show you how.

The more advanced tunes including gliding the piston etc requires a lathe.

The trigger tune is fiddly but not very difficult and great care must be taken to not change any of the angles on the faces being polished.

The trigger tune alone makes a big difference.

Chris

Is gliding the piston the same as buttoning ?

They are different but serve the same purpose.

Gliding is a continuous rind of delrin or oilon at either end of the piston.

Buttons are 4 delrin or oilon button about 5 mm in diameter drilled into either end of the piston.

Sorry can't get pics up on here these days fo some reason.

• Like 1

What are the after market pistons and piston tubes like also good quality springs and white nylon tophats and spring supports ?.

Why do weihrauch make the pistons like that, they look to me like it's metal on metal with a bit of grease to keep them apart.

That's right it's metal on metal which works away ok but the intro of gliding etc reduces friction and gives a much closer tolerance to the moving parts which reduces recoil and bounce.

This makes for a more accurate shooting with a proper well practised shooting technique.

I like Steve Pope's aftermarket stuff. Also Sandwell Field Sports are spot on too.

My old .22 80 is glided and fettled to the point I can't do anymore other than cosmetics and in fac it's a superb hunting tool that looks ok (a tad scruffy even!) but shoots amazing.

If your guns have the newer delrin rear guides fitted, then I would suggest all you need is a delrin top hat to go with it & a relube. This will remove the twang from the firing cycle. No need for a new spring, the standard one is fine.

John.

Hello John

Both rifles are new, will I be able to tell by the numbers ?

If your guns have the newer delrin rear guides fitted, then I would suggest all you need is a delrin top hat to go with it & a relube. This will remove the twang from the firing cycle. No need for a new spring, the standard one is fine.

John.

Hello John

Both rifles are new, will I be able to tell by the numbers ?

If they are new, they will have the delrin rear guide.factory springs are good quality, and all you will need is a top hat & a dab of moly grease to improve the firing cycle.

John.

If you go for a polish and de-burr, rather than something more involved, put some Quantum hot sauce grease on the piston and round the seal :thumbs: it is amazing stuff, you wont need any power washers with this go faster grease, and yes it is totally diesel free, obviously as with any lube, none in front of the piston.

The target tune piston and cylinder looks a bit micky mouse and have seen a post by a guy that had to sent the kit back and get a refund. My 77 and 95 are both new but how long they have been in stock I don't know ?.

What is the best after market piston/cylinder/ spring that money can buy ?

Is it to fit inside the original liner or is it for a piston without a liner?

Piston without liner mate. Standard spring, piston and compression cylinder. Has a TBT guide, v-Mach seal etc but yes, let us know man, happily get that sorted with you.