Ivermectin For Mange

1st things First, this may be in wrong section please move if needed,

My dog has a little mange and vets treatment isnt really working and a friend has said that he uses ivermecin to treat his,

I'm wondering about the dosage as its ideally used for cattle will it be the same dosage as them ( 1ml per 10kg )?

i have some of the stuff that he has given me to put on the dog its Noromectin 0.5% 5mg/ml pour on solution.

but I've stumbled across some inject able oral ivomectin 1% that has good reviews on a vets site, again still for cattle but doesn't state the treatment dosage used for the dogs being treated,

any advice or any other treatment methods appreciated thanks. shaun

hes 14 month stands 24-25 is 45kg thanks

will take a close up pic later today

post-32589-0-32607200-1434717206_thumb.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Advocate dose the job get it from dog tracks or online

since i started using ivermec 2years ago i havent seen any mange. I use injectiable and give up to .5ml for terriers depending on size and up to 1ml for big lurchers. I always start out with a .1 or .

I got a put awhile back that was riddled with mange I used sheep dip on her after a week the hair was starting to grow back

Posted Images

I tried all sorts to get rid of the dogs mange and then got some benzyl benzoate from an online chemist, Mix a bit with some shampoo so it goes on easy, leave it for a bit and then wash it off. Probably cost you a tenner, max.

Vet offered to fix it for 100 quid.....

ATB mate.

• Like 1

I would go for benzil benzonate all day long if you can get it as I no chemists took it off the shelves,but if you can get it off a online vet I would be on it in a crack.we used to put it with cotton wool mate neat and it worked in a crack.

• Like 1

Do not use ivermectin or noromectin! I would use some very dilluted sheep dip and when i say very i meen very dilluted. And make sure it doesnt get it in its eyes ears or mouth. You need a license to buy sheep dip but if you ask a local farmer for some nicely he may give you some.

Edited by Blackdog92

any links to get some sheep dip lads, will look into that F350

since i started using ivermec 2years ago i havent seen any mange. I use injectiable and give up to .5ml for terriers depending on size and up to 1ml for big lurchers. I always start out with a .1 or .2 less for dog first time using it just to be sure of no reaction to it Edited by chris87
  • Like 2

Do not use ivermectin or noromectin! I would use some very dilluted sheep dip and when i say very i meen very dilluted. And make sure it doesnt get it in its eyes ears or mouth. You need a license to buy sheep dip but if you ask a local farmer for some nicely he may give you some.

why not? Ive been using for 2years with no problems

why not? Ive been using for 2years with no problems

Lots of terrier men have been using Ivomec etc etc for years.. but I have heard a few stories about Lurchers with the heavy collie gene in the blood having problems and bad reactions to it.

Advocate works for Mange mite/ear mites and all the other nasties including worms..so its a winner for me...Unfortunately the price from my local vets is crippling me with 3 dogs to sort...Anyone can point me to a seller of the stuff at working mans prices...Please please do so.