My New Saluki Just Imported Him Back What You's Think Lads?

Who judges the dogs? Here in UK loudest voices heard would be coursing lads who try a pure to run or breed from. Then there's who choose too course Salukis and hunt with them they don't have as loud a voice coz it smaller amount of interest

So those that say UK stock rubbish maybe not best placed too say that what it could be is it dint improve their aims and objectives or they simply don't like the breed to work with

Most who have coursed worked and shown lures have done so via breed clubs dedicated too these dogs some choose too simply hunt by self or with chosen company they all happy with what they have

Then there's the other type that simply wants too own them rarer more pricey the better certain clicks are hard too get into sometimes it worth effort sometimes not

The only crime is too not treat them right or too allow them too hunt and have freedom

Not wishing to argue and have no axe to grind about salukis, or over who owns what strain/line etc, or what country their dogs come from. But the owners/breeders in this country that have ran their dogs at european brown hares successfully, and have won comps etc, surely will have the better type of saluki, and as a saluki owner yourself, surely you must see that?

And by the way, feel free to dismiss what I say, as I don't even like salukis! Lol, but wish the lad who's just imported his dog well :thumbs:

the desert hare and yanki jack rabbit dont compare to the european brown hare on a good day on the east anglian desert , .but nor does wild gazzell , wild donkey .mountain goat ,wolf and a miriad of other game , fur or feather , salukis have not been bred for 6,.000 yrs or so just to run puss , they were bred to to fill the pot , and run game down that man couldnt catch ,,dont fall into the trap they are one trick poneys they are not .and yes they do make fkn.draft excluders for the door :laugh:

I see what you're saying, and aint falling into any trap :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got him back on Monday.   Bred by hamad al ghanem Saluki centre of Dubai Saluki club of Arabia   Some pics of him at four months.   And pics of him last night at 11 months old now.  

Update on my dog boys running really well. Shot and retrieved yesterday.

Here's two pups off him as a friend of mine used him on a genuine first cross saluki greyhound bitch he has. Both bitch pups 7 pups in the litter I kept this red bitch and my mate kept the black and c

Posted Images

this is not writen in stone . but i know personally several very sussesfull saluki owners,some with 40 .50 years experience in the job . and most will say that breeding direct coo sals .of say upto 3 gen back to western lines doesnt allways work , they breed to coo 1,2 3 gen coo dogs , and it seems to work . if you look at say uk .lines ,its been a good few yearssince a directcoo sal was introducesd to the lines .and it seems to have taken fk knows how many generations to stamp that perticular type ,the classic example was the introduction of durak into what is know called lets say the khann line ,but durak wasnt a direct inport anyway although his liniage i believe is saudi , so after all that waffle ,,,,,,,what im saying is new inport blood idnt the silver bullet ..,and just to yak a spanner in the works alot of inported stock is recycled european blood anyway /it is not soley coo blood

• Like 1

this is not writen in stone . but i know personally several very sussesfull saluki owners,some with 40 .50 years experience in the job . and most will say that breeding direct coo sals .of say upto 3 gen back to western lines doesnt allways work , they breed to coo 1,2 3 gen coo dogs , and it seems to work . if you look at say uk .lines ,its been a good few yearssince a directcoo sal was introducesd to the lines .and it seems to have taken fk knows how many generations to stamp that perticular type ,the classic example was the introduction of durask into what is know called lets say the khann line ,but durak wasnt a direct inport anyway although his liniage i believe is saudi , so after all that waffle ,,,,,,,what im saying is new inport blood idnt the silver bullet ..,and just to yak a spanner in the works alot of inported stock is recycled european blood anyway /it is not soley coo blood

Again spot on ?

this is not writen in stone . but i know personally several very sussesfull saluki owners,some with 40 .50 years experience in the job . and most will say that breeding direct coo sals .of say upto 3 gen back to western lines doesnt allways work , they breed to coo 1,2 3 gen coo dogs , and it seems to work . if you look at say uk .lines ,its been a good few yearssince a directcoo sal was introducesd to the lines .and it seems to have taken fk knows how many generations to stamp that perticular type ,the classic example was the introduction of durask into what is know called lets say the khann line ,but durak wasnt a direct inport anyway although his liniage i believe is saudi , so after all that waffle ,,,,,,,what im saying is new inport blood idnt the silver bullet ..,and just to yak a spanner in the works alot of inported stock is recycled european blood anyway /it is not soley coo blood

Again spot on

FFS you two! I'm glad I don't own a saluki, from any country, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night! Lol :laugh::thumbs:

Again spot on

FFS you two! I'm glad I don't own a saluki, from any country, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night! Lol :laugh::thumbs:

???marmite dogs?

• Like 1

I hope your dog is a star. my advice is forget he is a pure! and run him like a lurcher course him' lamp him' hunt him' enjoy him' find his strengths and weaknesses! and use them to get the best from him. I once got a cream gifted to me by a lad who rescued him' he went to see someone about buying a lamping dog' when he got there luke barked at him and the bloke kicked him under the table matey just put the lead on him and left. (without the lamper') first time I took him out lad I was with said so and so said it cant run! he did 3 from 4. the best he did was seven from nine' I lamped him'mouched him' but most of all I used him. get stuck in don't make allowances for him being a pure' AND BE SATISFIED. mine also sired some useful first crosses.and could still catch an odd un at nine years old. good luck with your pup mate. (sorry if I rambled I had some wine atb two crows.

• Like 8

I hope your dog is a star. my advice is forget he is a pure! and run him like a lurcher course him' lamp him' hunt him' enjoy him' find his strengths and weaknesses! and use them to get the best from him. I once got a cream gifted to me by a lad who rescued him' he went to see someone about buying a lamping dog' when he got there luke barked at him and the bloke kicked him under the table matey just put the lead on him and left. (without the lamper') first time I took him out lad I was with said so and so said it cant run! he did 3 from 4. the best he did was seven from nine' I lamped him'mouched him' but most of all I used him. get stuck in don't make allowances for him being a pure' AND BE SATISFIED. mine also sired some useful first crosses.and could still catch an odd un at nine years old. good luck with your pup mate. (sorry if I rambled I had some wine atb two crows.

Best advice given that ? you. got any pics of him? Very durable allround lurchers if allowed

• Like 1

Fact is if it turns out to be a top dog then everyone wants a piece of it. If it turn out shit it will be told you so if you don't try you'll never know.

An where would we be if nobody fetched the saluki over in the first place the dog is a nice sort but what do I know.

I hope it does what you want from it ATB.

Just get out enjoy your dog what ever it is pure ,a x ,a heinz 57, do right by the dogs you have, you feed them , and shovel their shite, doesit matter what others think or say about them. If its for status or a source of income get a casso x pit on a big f**k off chain or if its for coin get a maltese or a cocka poo. The way the game is here you wont be a millionaire this time next year LOL you will be lucky to break even if you breed and do right by the bitch and litter and running them if you come away with a couple of blue ones in your wallet at the end of the season with petrol, maccy D,s fines and crushed motors youve had a good one. f**k me ive decided pigeons I am going into pigeons less depressing unless some one knows different

Edited by desertbred

Lol I bought four pairs of rollers one pair ain't a pair that depressed me I got two gay roller pigeons

Dogs have disappointed me over years but none was ever a puff....bloody pigeons

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 1

Lol I bought four pairs of rollers one pair ain't a pair that depressed me I got two gay roller pigeons

thats politically correct according to some a quarter of the population should be gay

• Like 1

thats politically correct according to some a quarter of the population should be gay

You now me mate all live n let live ? but in my loft ?

Best advice given that you. got any pics of him? Very durable allround lurchers if allowed

yes I have they are a bit dark and old (80s) I see if someone can put them up for me atb two crows.