Personally I would have thought giving your dogs a tablet a few times a year would be easier than getting the salt out.

In showery weather do you get the big bag of salt out between showers and go around the kennels laying a line of salt ?

If it rains an hour later do you repeat the process ?

Slugs love the wet warm weather so if it's raining at night do you get up between showers ?

Does salt stick to walls ?

What if you have a big kennels ?

Does the person who came up with the idea for salt have shares in salt on the stock exchange ?

Number one I do not have shares in the salt mines I wish I had, The lad asked for advice I gave it Free of charge, It works first class, using road salt is extremely strong kills the snails no problems, do it 2 or3 times a year you wont see a slug,

So your telling me that you put a line of salt on the ground around your kennels and this is effective against slugs for months at a time ?

What advice would you give to someone who had a wall at the back of their kennels ? Do you put a line of salt up the wall ,over it and down the other side ?

What if someone accidentally walked on the line of salt ? Or do you and your dogs step over the salt every time you're going in or out of your kennels ?

Is the salt you use waterproof ?

What a load of rubbish, just worm the bloody dogs and pick up their bowls after every feed. Lungworm can kill and I've seen it first hand and it aint nice and IMO there's no room for old fashioned wives tales when it comes to keeping dog safe and healthy.

Personally I would have thought giving your dogs a tablet a few times a year would be easier than getting the salt out.

In showery weather do you get the big bag of salt out between showers and go around the kennels laying a line of salt ?

If it rains an hour later do you repeat the process ?

Slugs love the wet warm weather so if it's raining at night do you get up between showers ?

Does salt stick to walls ?

What if you have a big kennels ?

Does the person who came up with the idea for salt have shares in salt on the stock exchange ?

Number one I do not have shares in the salt mines I wish I had, The lad asked for advice I gave it Free of charge, It works first class, using road salt is extremely strong kills the snails no problems, do it 2 or3 times a year you wont see a slug,

So your telling me that you put a line of salt on the ground around your kennels and this is effective against slugs for months at a time ?

What advice would you give to someone who had a wall at the back of their kennels ? Do you put a line of salt up the wall ,over it and down the other side ?

What if someone accidentally walked on the line of salt ? Or do you and your dogs step over the salt every time you're going in or out of your kennels ?

Is the salt you use waterproof ?

What a load of rubbish, just worm the bloody dogs and pick up their bowls after every feed. Lungworm can kill and I've seen it first hand and it aint nice and IMO there's no room for old fashioned wives tales when it comes to keeping dog safe and healthy.

I have probably kept running dogs far longer than you have been on this earth, from 1958 to this day, I have not come across Lung worm, and according to a very good vet that I use, up to June 2014, only one case of lung worm, had been reported, in the whole of the UK, yes the whole of the UK, and that was down Sussex, or surrey, but he said no doubt it will spread North, In 57 years of keeping running dogs, my system works, by using Road Salt, kills all slugs and snails absolute No Problems, I only worm my dogs twice a year, spring and Autumn, use proper wormers, buy from the Vet, do not buy from the Internet, or Ebay, ((( if you value your dogs,I can show you the condition of my dogs, ((( through exercise, feeding, and cleanliness, around the Kennels,

Dogs look very well border lad. I'm Going to try the rock salt around the perimeter of the run. I just don't like the idea of them being around, if that stops them then it's good enough for me. Not only that but when you stand on one bare footed it's not nice!

• Like 1

LOL, only on here could a discussion about slugs turn into a "my dogs better than yours" challenge.

I can see your dogs are well kept and I do agree that the threat of lungworm is not as big as the pharmaceutical companies would have us believe but in 30 years I've only lost 2 dogs (touch wood) to sickness and one of them was to lungworm. My vet has also heard of 3 other cases.

You keep putting down your lines of salt (seems a waste of salt if your not threatened by slugs) and I'll keep using a wormer that treats for lungworm.

And if any novice needs any more advice I'll leave it up to you and your old fashioned methods.

I'm still baffled as to how salt could stop a slug coming over a wall.

Also, if only one case of lungworm up till last year had been heard of in the UK why is it even mentioned and why are folks worried about slugs ?

LOL, only on here could a discussion about slugs turn into a "my dogs better than yours" challenge.

I can see your dogs are well kept and I do agree that the threat of lungworm is not as big as the pharmaceutical companies would have us believe but in 30 years I've only lost 2 dogs (touch wood) to sickness and one of them was to lungworm. My vet has also heard of 3 other cases.

You keep putting down your lines of salt (seems a waste of salt if your not threatened by slugs) and I'll keep using a wormer that treats for lungworm.

And if any novice needs any more advice I'll leave it up to you and your old fashioned methods.

I'm still baffled as to how salt could stop a slug coming over a wall.

Also, if only one case of lungworm up till last year had been heard of in the UK why is it even mentioned and why are folks worried about slugs ?

Quite simple, easy money to be made, also imported dogs from a Lungworm infected area, the first signs from Lungworm bleeding from the infected dogs nose, as said I have never come across it, (((( and I do not wish to either,

Orangers cut in half face down does the job to,the acid in the orange kills them off as they can't resist them.i use that in my garden so I no it won't ha the dogs and it works atreat as my veg plants are fine since I started doing it 4yrs ago