Lurcher X Spaniel

I saw wuyang litter a while back when my litter was just on ground and its amazed me just how much alike they are both lurcher and saluki sired ones

In my litter they where fairly even the dogs slightly heavier n taller than the bitches as u would expect I kept one here for good few mo the and always enjoyed watching him work you could see very early doors this type had bags of drive to hunt and the nose to find legs n mouth to catch and that was with no effort put in very bidable which surprised me but cleverer than the spaniel bitch by fair chalk my pal took him too lamp and he switched straight into that as well no chew

I think they would suit a lot of lads these types if you work mood land or bush they come into their own I think I'd prefer one to say another beddy x grey or collie grey type lad who owns best bitch our litter had lot off rabbits on lamp and daytime with her he has put a hell of a lot of time into her as well though

My mate had pointer x coursing dogs worked her on allsorts over years she old now but still a bench mark performing lurchers for me I seen her as older bitch on lamp and she showed up younger faster purpose bred lampers

The other thing with these types is the compromises as well maybe not fast enough for some things etc but then again next generation of breeding sort shortcomings for the right me. They make great dogs

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone else working this cross? I'm ratching about with a young bitch a friend of mine owns,keen as mustard,great hunter a little over enthusiastic for the first part of her hunting education on each

Few more pics. She's just had her first season .        

She's a real nice type Wuyang I like her buddy..I took the the young girl and her Spaniel x out today,just went fell walking this morning making sure the dog was bombproof with the fell sheep which she was then after a five mile hike up the fells we had a wander on a little bit I know close by that holds a few bunnies etc,this young dog has only had her jaws around two big rabbs and a few pheasants but already on only her second ever day out on the fells she's coming along a treat,hunted beautifully but never out of range,never looked at the sheep,was obedient when called,I reckon I will make a handy little tyke out of this for the young lass..she was over the moon with her dog,obviously it needs to see plenty of gear and come the winter I will put plenty in front of it,not saying it will ever be on par with a decent lurcher but if I can make it half decent,I will be happy,the young girl will be happy and also the dog too will realise it has a purpose in life..took my camera and I'd took the fkn SD card out and forgot it lol so no decent pics just a few off my phone today..my fkn brain is pickled I'm always forgetting stuff haha..

PSX_20150530_232521_zpsxkvusr5l.jpg

PSX_20150530_232320_zpsae0xq0ew.jpg

PSX_20150530_232127_zpsjalj6xmn.jpg

• Like 7

i knew ruby would show her the ropes andy she is a nice type to bring on matey :thumbs:

Cheers bud,yeah Ruby knows the score lol,young lass couldn't believe Ruby hunting all day,never stops or even eases off and has a bite like a crocodile on a bit of fur lol..Pom power,I'm breeding them x whippets bollox to Spaniel x's haha

Mines the same Baz will give mouth if she flushes the little critters and prefers rabbits and hares that's been shot for a rag on but ive had her out with shooters and on deer stalking days,she will buckle into a fox,roe she ain't keen on for some reason but seen her latched onto big Red Deer lol..comical to watch but I enjoy watching her hunt,its not the norm but at least she is enjoying herself and has a purpose instead of just being a handbag dog lol

• Like 3

That's my way of thinking Fuji... Since iv been left to walk the little rat, it's copied the others and now gets stuck in.... Doesn't get stuck into anything really, just likes the chase, a dogs a dog, it doesn't know it's purpose till it's taught, I once had to pull the labrador out of an earth after it went to ground behind the terrier haha

• Like 1

Mines the same Baz will give mouth if she flushes the little critters and prefers rabbits and hares that's been shot for a rag on but ive had her out with shooters and on deer stalking days,she will buckle into a fox,roe she ain't keen on for some reason but seen her latched onto big Red Deer lol..comical to watch but I enjoy watching her hunt,its not the norm but at least she is enjoying herself and has a purpose instead of just being a handbag dog lol

Would love to see a video of her hunting....

Here's the bitch I mentioned my pal took on fair play too him he made an excellent lurched of her

From the angle of that picture it almost looks like a pointer type.

I wonder what the Brittany spaniel could bring into the mix,because a mate of mine liked them over the other spaniels because of their natural pointing and holding the mark abilities for working with the Birds of Prey etc etc..

I know the good old springer is the obvious choice,but in all my years Ive yet to see a laid back springer. . . I prefer the Cocker's personality .. lol.

certainly makes you ponder the possibilities of maybe that dog of Wuyang's bred back to a small collie based grew type. . . I would imagine they would be very handy types for the moocher of bunnies.

Here's the bitch I mentioned my pal took on fair play too him he made an excellent lurched of her

From the angle of that picture it almost looks like a pointer type.

I wonder what the Brittany spaniel could bring into the mix,because a mate of mine liked them over the other spaniels because of their natural pointing and holding the mark abilities for working with the Birds of Prey etc etc..

I know the good old springer is the obvious choice,but in all my years Ive yet to see a laid back springer. . . I prefer the Cocker's personality .. lol.

certainly makes you ponder the possibilities of maybe that dog of Wuyang's bred back to a small collie based grew type. . . I would imagine they would be very handy types for the moocher of bunnies.

"I know the good old springer is the obvious choice,but in all my years Ive yet to see a laid back springer. . . I prefer the Cocker's personality .. lol."

My bitch is laid back when not working mate, so is her litter sister, no problems at all with being hyper round the house. Both of them like a lot of human contact, but not to the point of being a nuisance, and that helps with the training/ working. Mines like a whippet x terrier work wise, but way more willing to take direction and listen to me than a whippet x terrier. They were bred from hard worked/very keen dogs, and that's a bit of an understatement really, we used the best we could, if anybody was going to have hyper problems with this x is was going to be us, but its just not happened, a pleasure to own and work mate, i regret not trying this x years ago tbh.

• Like 1