Minor Car Accident

Car parks are private land and your insurance company will tell him to do one,check with them first jsut to make sure then tell him to go through them the money grabbing fecker..

I heard this years ago but my mate had his brand new car wiped out by a stobarts wagon last year on a B&Q car park and the claim went through without an issue.
Stobarts don't have insurance. They will have just paid the claim themselves.
Not strictly true, they will have the bare minimum third party insurance to be legal, it's just they'll cover the cost of all their claims in house. Most big hire car companies and other large organisations with hundreds of vehicles do the same.. :thumbs:
It is strictly true. They don't have insurance. They self insure by depositing £500k with the Supreme Court, but there is no insurance policy and no insurance company.
If they self insure then they've got insurance.. :laugh: Just looked it up, they sell insurance products as well so they must be a registered insurance provider. Either way, there is a legal requirement for all cars driven on UK roads to at least have the bare minimum cover required, even if they can afford to pay their own damages. I worked for the UK's largest hire car company, and they cover their own damages and losses and all. What they do have is a bare bones third party only policy but its never, ever been used.. :thumbs:

I'm a professionally qualified transport manager. Haulage companies can self insure by lodging £500k with the Supreme Court. No other insurance is legally required...

• Like 1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To avoid all doubt, if private land is publicly accessible by vehicle, such as a car park or campsite, then the provisions of the road traffic act apply, which includes insurance, speed limits, drink

Tell him to sell the three good doors and by a new car

If he goes through the insewerance, just deny any admission and tell your company it was his fault, he was going the wrong way.   If there was no one else there, just deny all and tell him to fuckof

There are certain cases where Insewerance is not required.

If you lodge a HUGE amount of money with Loyds of London you can drive without cover, it`s how the Royal family etc are able to drive.

No company would ever cover the likes of Prince Harry, or even some rich arabs etc, as the potential losses if sued could destroy them, so they lodge a wad with Loyds to cover any third party losses and drive away,

Your on about the boy trying to orofit from it yet your the one tryin to sort his motor on the cheap. Your in the wrong. If it was the other way about sure it would be a different story

I know what your saying mate but it's with him being in the wrong lane that's throwing me plus the fact that he's saying he's been quoted 1500 for a new door, I managed to get a quote for 600 today which is still shite but obviously alot better than his so I guess we gotta decide now if to try n go for that or just let the insurance sort it out, but like I say he was in the wrong lane as in outwards not inwards and her colleague also saw that he was in the wrong lane, it's a tricky one..; )

Feck, send it through the insurance if your policy goes up £500 next time, its less than your gonna spend now ffs don't forget to counter claim though and don't let one of those claim recovery companies get in involved, as soon as they contact you asking about whiplash etc, ring your insurance company and tell them you want to deal with them direct, quicker and cheaper, they companies are parasites.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

My mrs hit a brand new mazda last winter in the snow and the boy claimed the insurance it onky went up about 50 quid

Did he claim for whiplash or anythin aswell, if I decide to sort it ourself il try n get summet drawn up to try n stop him puttin any further claims in the future, if decide on insurance then thats out of our hands then I guess..