Working Staffords

What if any are the best lines of working Staffords left? i know that most working Bulls are pits but are there any lines of staffys that are still bred for function rather than the show circuit and if so what are they? Always kept Staffys and love the breed I know there are better breeds out there for work etc but would like to hear if there are still some capable of a day's work or has the pit completely filled the 'working bull' niche?

Honestly if you're just looking for a pet/mooching partner a KC Stafford would suit you perfectly, choose a litter from parents that are a bit longer muzzled and up in the leg if you want a slightly more capable and athletic specimen.

No I havent, I've just ordered it though after a quick search. Isit worth the read?

Yes I think it is,and theres Staffs and English Bulls in there too.but best to read the book from start to finish and not pick bits out. Its only a short book anyway.

Agree with bgd, the some good Staffords, used to love hunting, and pickit up on going out, all rounders. Pittys don't know what use for versatile. Luck of the draw, the been out there, some not given the full opportunity, kc staff types?

Owned Staffords, EBTs and bulldogs all my life, athletic EBTs, and Staffords and bulldogs from well worked lines. If you want a dog for hunting look at terriers, lurchers, spaniels or Labs, do not waste your time with bull breeds, its not what they are for and they are not the best for bushing, digging, catching or retrieving. Get the right dog or the job

• Like 9

There's a young girl I see when I exorcise my dogs she has a beast of a staff a big red dog he smashes through cover after rabbits much to her dismay if I see her tomorrow I'll get a picture next to my part for size reference

• Like 2

Working lines blah blah blah...irish blah blah...Psycho blah blah blah...EBTcrosses blah blah...Pit bulls are a lot better ect ect...just a quick summary of all working Stafford type threads on the THL...so as not to waste anybodys time... :thumbs:

• Like 3

you could say that about any thread..Its just people talking. If you dont like it or you are experiencing delusions of grandeur,just move on.

Delusions of grandeur ?...dont you know who i think I am !?

Edited by AKA-BRINDLE
  • Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...