Acd X Grew

Few pics of a blue heeler (cattle dog) we had a few years ago a very clever dog he could go all day in 35 deg heat was tough as old boots and a beast on yard duties

ATB

Kerryb

Fecking hell its "DOG" reincarnated .....Mel Gibson will be over the moon

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last of the Summer Wine Ferreting Team haha

How refreshing to hear lads still willing to try, a walk on the wild side..... I had a decade of great sport, good times and loyalty from my Cattle Dog lurchers.   Wish that I could 'do it all' ag

Posted Images

:clapper:How refreshing to hear lads still willing to try, a walk on the wild side.....

I had a decade of great sport, good times and loyalty from my Cattle Dog lurchers.

Wish that I could 'do it all' again... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 7

Few pics of a blue heeler (cattle dog) we had a few years ago a very clever dog he could go all day in 35 deg heat was tough as old boots and a beast on yard duties

ATB

Kerryb

Fecking hell its "DOG" reincarnated .....Mel Gibson will be over the moon

Haha Navek yeah similar looking dog ! just designed perfect for Oz

Scallywag comparing oranges with apples there. boarder collie head dog, cattle dog heeler. Of cause its not as simple as that there is good and bad in all breeds though If I were working scrub cattle in rough terrain cattle dogs are the go. especially those rough old bullocks that do not want to leave their home turf. There are some very good boarder collies these day bred for cattle work out here a young chap I know mustering contractor has some beauties. Though these days most stock is kept in more congenial places. The biggest difference on the hunting side of things as Ive witness many pure cattledogs that would smash a fox and many collies and kelpies that would stay back and bail but as with all things dog there are always the exception to the rule.

• Like 6

Different strains of healer have different traits. Some throw back to the bully mix and hunt/scrap harder and some show more the kelpie influence and tend to think things out but are also a bit more flighty. But they usually always have a big dose of dingo and are wary of everyone!

Best all round dog ever put together in my opinion....breed 1/8 bully into a red bitch and it's the ultimate.

• Like 1