• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do it   You`re here once and it`s not even for that long. DO NOT regret not trying something you have always wanted to do.   I love my bikes and couldn`t be without at least one.

My 70's classic   http://rs72.pbsrc.com/albums/i179/flipper_al/IMG_0365.jpg~320x480

I used to work and ride bikes as a teen and loved them, but as most do moved onto cars. a couple of years ago, having turned 40something i decided i was gunna get "back on the horse" and pass my bike

Posted Images

Would I just book a course and get some lessons

I want something for sone solitary weekends cruising round the countryside

Was thinking of a Suzuki bandit ?

direct access ... google it

im gonna get a dt or kmx for flying to work and back then maybe look for a nsr250 or bigger , cant beat the 2 strokes :laugh:

Edited by chid21

I used to work and ride bikes as a teen and loved them, but as most do moved onto cars.

a couple of years ago, having turned 40something i decided i was gunna get "back on the horse" and pass my bike test.

I did my theory, my CBt and then completed both parts of my direct access.

I now ride a Yamaha FZ6N and love it to bits, i still drive my car but the bike easily outdoes any journey i can have in the car and always makes me smile, the power and acceleration is amazing.

My advice would be go for it but keep with in your riding limits and build up on experience.

Hope that helps

• Like 2

Don't know about you lot but wasn't aloud a bike when I was a teen parents scared id kill meself .

But recently have been toying with the idea , had a go years ago on a mates 125 aprillia and loved it

Am I waisting my time or do ihave a crack

Am I being stupid at 32 wanting a bike ?

When I was a teen my parents bought me a bike hoping I would kill myself??

You are not being stupid just would look stupid on a 125 haha

Now your a grownup, pass your test and get a big boys Aprilia

Not the same as when I were a lad. I jumped on a Suzuki A50P the morning of my 16th Birthday, having never ridden a motorbike before! With a top speed of 55mph I was at school in 10 minutes instead of the usual 1 hour walk! Huge grin on my face! :boogy:

Oh I know I don't want a 125 :p that was when I was about 18 on a mates which I " borrowed" for the evening I want something sporty but usable and I'll get real enjoyment out of that's why I was thinking a Suzuki bandit

Get a full fat 1200 oil cooled bullet proof engine and pull like a train Edited by Throttlemonkey