Bream??????

Your not far wrong muttley I'm a big believer of the sweetcorn to I think it works wonders I always have it on as a hook bait.i love this time of year myself and my Bro get geared up for the bream there great sport and u see there's only 1 carp lake near me but I never tried it it is distroyed wit guys fishing it flat out.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your in luck. Just found it on an old photobucket account. Hope it works now...

Get out there give it a crack man! Keep baiting and fishing the same spot, wont be long before they`ve polished the bottom. Eating machines when they`re on it... Normally when your fishing for somet

You know what I'm thinking your right lad . unfortunately there's no carp around me I'm only feeding for bream but I don't know what to say to you about them being bigger my biggest wat 7lb 4oz and we

I've only been carp fishing a dozen or so times but its a good experience! I've done a few night sessions too and must admit I did enjoy it, especially on a good day with a few friends, even managed to get a 24lb'er which was a bonus on my first night trip!

But that being said I much prefer going for silver fish or a good match! I personally find it more of a challenge and more exciting, carp are just big old water cows :laugh:

• Like 1

Nice one that was happy days Nice fish,that would draw you back for another session of it and it's a fish you might never beat.do yous do any or much prebaiting for a night at the carp?

Cant help think you lads are making your fishing very complicated .White crumb,maggots and sweetcorn .live maggots keep them searching .Fish brandlings on the hook .Had several bags in excess of 300lb and the match record on our local lake of 197lb .The aniseed is the draw in the conditioner ,not the seed lol.Banned on most waters too .Its all about getting their heads down in the mud competing and live maggots are the only thing that ive found they stay to search for .I clip up with a big feeder on the day ,10 casts no hook ,feeder filled with maggots and groundbait .You need competition in a small area to bag up proper, accurate casting a must .Smaller feeder and hookbait cast to front edge of baited spot never middle ,2 turns of the reel and reclip.When the action starts and fish are coming i like to strike and get the rod high.Dont bully it away ,keeping the rod high gets the fish up and away without flashing all that silver infront the shoal .Big bags dont come along everyday so get in a rythem or you will spook the lot with a few mistakes .I fish brandlings on a 14 to start with but soon bump up to a 10 or an 8 if bites are plentiful.Tip the brandling with corn usually gets a good response if they are a bit slow to start .Take several large keepnets for a good session .300lb requires 4 large nets IMO.

• Like 1

Well lads got my hands on that bag of pigeon conditioner today it's not red band but he told me it's the very same stuff it's called GEM.he had another bag called sneakymix but he reckoned stick with the GEM.got it about lunch time and had it in the back of the van but when I got back into the van anything like the sweet smell is unreal I'm Wel impressed.hope it does as much for my bream when I get out.

• Like 2

Nice one that was happy days Nice fish,that would draw you back for another session of it and it's a fish you might never beat.do yous do any or much prebaiting for a night at the carp?

The times I've been overnight I fished the day leading up to it so was either baiting spots during the day or just continued in the same places as during the day! but I'm by no means an expert when it comes to night fishing and carp etc sorry haha

Your grand just does be interesting to hear what way other men do go about it and every man has his own way and little tricks,but look being an expert or not once we're catching we're happy simple as that and something is working.

• Like 1