Bream??????

Muckno a serious bit of water and there comes many specimens of pike out of it every year.a guy I was working with got hooked into that big 15pound trout last year he took a roach poped of the bottom.

• Like 1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your in luck. Just found it on an old photobucket account. Hope it works now...

Get out there give it a crack man! Keep baiting and fishing the same spot, wont be long before they`ve polished the bottom. Eating machines when they`re on it... Normally when your fishing for somet

You know what I'm thinking your right lad . unfortunately there's no carp around me I'm only feeding for bream but I don't know what to say to you about them being bigger my biggest wat 7lb 4oz and we

This pigeon condioner is new to me slip lead il have to look into it see where I can get my hands on a bag of it,it sounds good and I like to try and get a good bed of bait down to hold the bream in my swim.

Available in most feed stores bud. Bout £15 for 15/20kg. They say red band is the best one. Its just a mixture of seeds and grains and aniseed. Soak it overnight and boil it up for half hour. I do big boils, then split it into session packs and freeze it. Good as freezer packs for keeping your beer and buttys cold in summer.

Ye il defenatly have to look into it cheers Bob.would you agree mate about the red band or u think any of them just as good?

I dont they`re much different. The redband might have more aniseed in it. I cant see it making much difference once you add all you bits and pieces.

I'm not sure what will be available to me in my local store or what they can get in.how much of it would i add to my normal pre bait mix and would i cut back on my crumb when I add it.is it such a thing as the bream getting there fill and moving on?

I'd normaly fire in a paint bucket full each night for 2 or 3 nights before I fish it works out at usually 50 to 55 balls.

I dont know about them eating and getting off, every animal will fill itself if it can, but then what? Spose it all depends on stock density. Us carp lads will fire out a bucket full under ideal conditions, but once its in the water, you cant take it back out... One problem we have is that the fish sometimes become preoccupied with the smaller seeds and ignore our hookbait, but that shouldnt be a problem for you as you`ll be fishing small, similar sized hookbaits.

If your worried, just add a pint of conditioner to your usual mix, instead of adding your usual mix to the 10 pints of conditioner.

• Like 1

I think I'd agree with you start small and see how it goes.its big water I'm on it runs for about 20 miles with 5 big lakes of it and the spot I've made my way into is roughly in the middle of the 20miles and it's the narrowest part of the water at about 80 foot and very deep.great spot al fish have 2 pass true it going up or down.

That's big water....had to reread the thread, in case i had missed the size......if it was me I would start prebaiting 10kg at a time in the same spot,of cheap particles, with hemp oil mixed in, once the slick moves, any attnetion in the bait shows as flat spots...good luck :D

• Like 2

Ye it's big alright,I have being fishing dis water all my life but this particular spot I'm talking about this will be our 3rd year on it and every time it just gets beter and beter,looking forward to getting back at it and trying out new baiting options to c how they go.

Also add some black pepper essential oil but don't buy it from tackle shop it will cost over a £10, from essential oil shop about £2.50, also N-Butyric acid is very good but very smelly.

I like GLM powder. Works quite well local and to other places Ive taken it.

Also add some black pepper essential oil but don't buy it from tackle shop it will cost over a £10, from essential oil shop about £2.50, also N-Butyric acid is very good but very smelly.

The Asian food shops are excellent for bait additives, not at rip off tackle shop prices

Bob..if your after particle, try Shergolds at Hedge End...huge stock and cheap :D

Edited by Flipper_Al

The Asian food shops are excellent for bait additives, not at rip off tackle shop prices

Bob..if your after particle, try Shergolds at Hedge End...huge stock and cheap :D

I use Shergolds all the time bud. Not so much for bait and stuff these days, they got a walk in freezer now and I get all my frozen dog food and bones from there.

If you can't get red band, just use pigeon conditioner, the smaller the seed the quicker it will go through the fish, therefore eating more and spending more time on baited area, canary no1 or canary conditioner is better but more money.

Happy Hunting

along we with the particle stuff we usually put a bed of sweetcorn down, they seem to love it! then fish it on the hook too and tend to pull them in all day! maybe thats just where we are but works for us! :thumbs:

good luck, nice to see some other people after something other than carp these days! :D

• Like 1