Anschutz 5 Round Or 10 Round .22Lr Spare Magazine?

That will be down to you.

Some like 10, others 5.

If you use a rifle sling try your 10 for a while, depending on the adjustment you have on the sling, throwing the rifle over your shoulder can sometimes result in a thump in your back with a 10 shot magazine.

Even if you prefer the 5, a 10 shot mag is a good way to carry 10 spare rounds without them getting dirty or rattling about, just feed them into the 5 round mag as required!

Depending on what subs you use, you might experience the occasional round sticking in the 10 shot mag. I generally use Eleys in my 1417 and they can be a little waxy on the head. Like I said, sometimes one decides to stick on the way up. Its hard to tell, especially when you are out at night, and a dry fire isn't what you want with quarry in the crosshairs. Winnies are less waxy and give no such problems.

I tend to load up my 5 shot mag for use, and keep my 10 shot in my pocket for a quick swap if necessary.

I have 4, 10 shot magazines for a 1417 sat on the side I now have no use for them since I changed to the browning I would happily post them out to anyone willing to make a donation to help for Heros or similar charity

• Like 3

I have 4, 10 shot magazines for a 1417 sat on the side I now have no use for them since I changed to the browning I would happily post them out to anyone willing to make a donation to help for Heros or similar charity

That's a very generous offer and lets hope the person or persons who take you up on your offer bear in mind these magazines retail at about £55 a pop when they are donating

I would take the offer but feel a couple of 5 shot magazines will be a better bet. Do they (the 5 shot) suffer with the occasional sticking of the 10 round magazines? I've heard the 10 round magazines are better loaded with 9 rather than 10 rounds?? Anyone tried this?

I would take the offer but feel a couple of 5 shot magazines will be a better bet. Do they (the 5 shot) suffer with the occasional sticking of the 10 round magazines? I've heard the 10 round magazines are better loaded with 9 rather than 10 rounds?? Anyone tried this?

I can't quote specifically on the Anschutz, but that is commonly the case with magazines, easy enough to try! :thumbs:

Come on lads get your hands in your pockets

The mags where used daily for neigh on 8 years at work hold 10 not 9 don't occasionally stick and the thinking men among you realise that 5 ten shot mags mean one full box of ammo loaded so no faffing about with half full boxes of ammo.

£10 each or £30 the lot !!!!! To h4h or julias house children's hospice saves them from the bin

P.s if some kind gent or gents do take these I will match any donation that goes to julias house

• Like 2

The mags where used daily for neigh on 8 years at work hold 10 not 9 don't occasionally stick and the thinking men among you realise that 5 ten shot mags mean one full box of ammo loaded so no faffing about with half full boxes of ammo.

£10 each or £30 the lot !!!!! To h4h or julias house children's hospice saves them from the bin

P.s if some kind gent or gents do take these I will match any donation that goes to julias house

May I suggest you put these in the For Sale section, I'm sure you can easily achieve £10 or more per magazine, and then simply donate it to charity should you so desire. :thumbs:

I would have them off you mate, but I'm a 5 shot magazine man. As I said, my 10 shot magazine is only there for backup.

Cracking offer though. :thumbs:

Yep, I tested this a while ago. I personally found that filling the 10 shot magazine to capacity increased the possibility for a snag/stick. From then on I started to load 9. I must emphasise though that I was (and still) use Eleys. I have been tempted on numerous occasions to move to Winnies, but out of my rifle I find that the Eleys are just too accurate and consistent (for subs anyway).