Foxes !

I lived in paramatta just outside sydney I was there for few months had a few nights out with some lads from near the blue mountains,a lot of traveling like running dogs of back of pick ups ( Uts ) and then the second time I was there I was up near cairns a lot of Roos in both places and town foxes, some place oz .

Only thing I wish I had done but never was wild boar and Roos .

Did some good fishing sea and river

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its easy to blame the dog. most lurchers that quit are entered to early and entered badly. by either imature or ignorant owners . that tend to be over enthusiastic or frustrated. sure a large percenta

Dogs descended from wolves are used to killing for food and used to killing animals that are born prey animals whos biggest defence is to run. In other words its not natural to kill a fox to eat (exce

Good single handed fox dogs are realistically few and far between. Foxing is my game and we do a lot of it. Hunting converts at weekends and lamping. I've brought lads out from up and down the country

Posted Images

Good single handed fox dogs are realistically few and far between. Foxing is my game and we do a lot of it. Hunting converts at weekends and lamping. I've brought lads out from up and down the country with different dogs that were rated for the job, over a fair few years I can count on one hand the good fox dogs I've seen! Big strong bull crosses that will take stick all day long but couldn't catch a could.... The ohhh he nearly had that one when realistically it was never going to catch, other faster animals that had ample oppertunity to strike but held back for the right time to strike or would take handy foxes but sit back and let a big fox jink away in front of them utill it met the ditch and away, others that try and have reasonable success untill Charlie reaches a ditch or covert and then they turn back and dont follow, the list of dogs that take some foxes but arent fox dogs is very long, genuine single handed dogs that can run and strike at the first chance they get, follow untill caught or properly lost and have grit to take them on a regular basis single handed are very very scarce!! If a dog is up a foxes arse getting to a ditch and wants that fox there is no reason that dog shouldn't be still on that foxes tail the far side of the ditch. Seeing is believing and I've seen a fair few and a lot of lads went home disappointed knowing they hadn't what they thought they had!!

good thread .

Thats the type of fox that test your dogs

good fox that, what was it about 20lb ? I know they can look bigger than what they actually are , got 1 one night with my old colliex grey Blaze , though this bugger got to 21-22lb , got it back home weighed it in my garage and was just over 17lb , good coat+brush on it just like in your pic, this was in the mid 80s. some feral cats ive seen they had bit of size to them as well, like little tigers lol

That was my first dogs first big dog fox he was 16 an half months kills them week in week any size at he put up a good fight an as u say vixens are wicked not as strong as a dog fox so just to come of with a statement like that just abit silly seen vixens roll over as well

Thats the type of fox that test your dogs

good fox that, what was it about 20lb ? I know they can look bigger than what they actually are , got 1 one night with my old colliex grey Blaze , though this bugger got to 21-22lb , got it back home weighed it in my garage and was just over 17lb , good coat+brush on it just like in your pic, this was in the mid 80s. some feral cats ive seen they had bit of size to them as well, like little tigers lol
i dont weigh them mate out of all the years av hunted id say he was the heavest but dont no a weight [BANNED TEXT]

It's got bugger all to do with size. . . . .

Some animals don't like getting hurt/bit, it's just that simple. . . . . maybe they realise that the quarry isn't food. . . . and don't think its worth it.

Getting bit by a fox doesn't hurt a small dog any more than a big dog.. . . . .

In nature, for the most part, unnecessary injury is avoided. . . . .

In some dogs, we've bred that right out, other we haven't.

Agree think it individual mental trait. They either do em or dont. Not much difference to humans not everyone has the heart to step in a ring its just how it is and sooner or later the time comes everyone has enough. Dogs very similar. Not machines but liven and breathing
  • Like 2

Wat silly statement its true mate fact mate and if you say out different you not done much dog work

your the man so what your saying is big dog foxes give up but vixens dont is that what your saying am a keyboard hunter i dont get out much to be fair
  • Like 2

Read your last statement your own words of wisdom i quote you a small vixen can give as much fight as a big dog fox can you say a dog fox can get as good as fight as a vixen best fighting fox is a dog fox hand down yes you get some roll over and die same as vixens man teat for any dog is a good fight dog fox do you not agree cheers fo

It's got bugger all to do with size. . . . .

Some animals don't like getting hurt/bit, it's just that simple. . . . . maybe they realise that the quarry isn't food. . . . and don't think its worth it.

Getting bit by a fox doesn't hurt a small dog any more than a big dog.. . . . .

In nature, for the most part, unnecessary injury is avoided. . . . .

In some dogs, we've bred that right out, other we haven't.

what im saying is people believe they got a out n out fox machine cause its taken loads of stubble foxes.testing a fox dog is when they winters here.stronger,adult,cleverer,and fiercer.and yes I do believe a winter dog fox will bite harder than a smaller vixen.took 56 last year night.24 daytime.

• Like 1