World Down Syndrome Day :) Happy Hunting

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

World Down syndrome day today as some of you know my lad tig has downs into his shooting dogs and ferrets happy hunting everyone from bud and tig   TIG Your birth brought us closer As

The day he started mainstream primary is amongst the proudest moments of my life

Brilliant post. That second pictures fantastic he looks proud as punch with them birds!   Everytime I'm in my sisters day centre (adults with learning difficulties) I come out smiling. I swear I cou

Posted Images

Gnash I get what you're saying no man should be praised for being a father because he hasn't done anything other fathers haven't been doing since time began. But with special needs kids its different in my case my son has autism and lives in his own world all he does is look at tv somtimes I change stations up to a thousand times a day and thats no joke budharly is lucky to do what he does what he does with his son I wanted all that for mine but I can't have that for now at least but we do have great days like today we went the park today he was three what im realy trying to say is just love and enjoy your kids no matter their faults

post-94083-0-55675300-1427072181_thumb.jpg

post-94083-0-64965000-1427072297_thumb.jpg

post-94083-0-53274300-1427072674_thumb.jpg

post-94083-0-42924900-1427072817_thumb.jpg

Edited by peterhunter86
  • Like 6

My cousin josh has severe autism and sounds a lot like your little lad pete , tig has downs but he is doing reLy well and progressing much better than we thought . In the summer we spend a lot of time on are 10 acre small holding and josh comes down a lot he's 14 now and pretty much needs full time supervision and care . When we go to meeting or spend time with josh we realise how lucky we are that sometimes we spend are lives as a pretty normal family . I take my hat off to the parents that dedicate their lives like pete who have a child that has a severe disability minute after minute day after day . Some times these parents don't get the credit they deserve because believe me yes we are just parents and do what we have to do but there are parents out there who I have the utmost respect for they don't just dedicate there lives it becomes their life .

• Like 4

My son is autistic and he can seem to be in his own special world a lot of the time plus he can fixate on one thing to the detriment to everything else. It used to angry birds 24/7 then it was Star Wars, now it's printing out pictures of sonic the hedgehog and sticking them all over his bedroom walls. In amongst all this obsession he has moments of clarity and will knock me down with a big hug and tells me he loves me which make up for the tearful moments when I'm thinking about his future. We all need to be thankful for what we have and to try our hardest to do the best for the people in our lives.

Great pictures of your boy Bud, it's great to show that kids of various abilities get as much pleasure as others out of country pursuits, my boy loves to watch the ferrets and plays with the whippet. I'll make a ferreter out of him yet.

Edited by David K
  • Like 4

Gnash I get what you're saying no man should be praised for being a father because he hasn't done anything other fathers haven't been doing since time began. But with special needs kids its different in my case my son has autism and lives in his own world all he does is look at tv somtimes I change stations up to a thousand times a day and thats no joke budharly is lucky to do what he does what he does with his son I wanted all that for mine but I can't have that for now at least but we do have great days like today we went the park today he was three what im realy trying to say is just love and enjoy your kids no matter their faults

oh my goodness! That last picture - soooo dapper unbelievably cute.
  • Like 1

Yep i gotcha :thumbs: ......think i,ll stick to what i know in future :D

Looks like he,s away out on the pull that last picture,lovely bit of clobber that...looks a million dollars :D

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1