Immigrating To Canada

Hope it's all going well for you Tillylamp, it looks an awesome country.

My pal moved to BC nearly 10 years ago now, he has been back to England once and that was enough......he said he is never coming back.

• Like 1

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi,   I posted on here a while ago about immigrating to Canada. I applied for my permanent residency back in may, and, good news, I have just received them now........ yippee ....... woop woop .

Hi Maxhardcore, heres an update for yah. As you know when we landed we stayed with friends and the first job was to get a vehicle to be able to drive about and look at areas that we would like to liv

hi all, my final update before we go, we have managed to sell nearly every thing with only my 4x4 left to sell, its actually gone quite smooth, we have got to say the rest of our good byes to friends

Posted Images

It's dry here today mate,clearish sky and 11 degrees,good view of the super moon last night out of town.I just went into cabelas for a few pics,when I was here last November there was a sign on some vacant lot saying cabelas coming soon,then in February the earth movers had broken the ground and laid it flat,they were doing the foundations,a month or so ago the store opened.

I've been getting my hunting trousers from cabelas online for several years now, but a walk round the shop & especially in Canada would be pretty damn cool.....;-)

Good to hear you are still loving it Tillylamp Atb

• Like 1

My mates are going an hour outside Vancouver to fish Tilley,don't know where,I will ask when I speak to them.I like this neat little touch cabelas have done,leather seats around a fire,it's a drop off spot for wives while their hubbies are wandering around the shop for an hour or so.

yeah, find out where they go, it will be good to know, the cabelas and bass pro stores are so inviting aren't they, my wife's sat in them chairs around the fire place a few times.... :laugh: but the stores themselves are fantastic, they seem endless with goodies, and the animal scenes are a good view, as well as the fishing/hunting gear, you can also buy fishing/party pontoon boats, atv's, and quads all under one roof.

Yup,I will find out exactly where mate,the shop sells everything but the kitchen sink,then I remembered what I saw this morning,a portable kitchen sink they ARE selling for hunting camps,I am going there later I the week for new boots and some broad heads.

post-1930-0-67963700-1479241060_thumb.jpg

post-1930-0-06775200-1479241110_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Bit of a shame shooting them, surely they can be tranquillised and relocated? Sounds amazing pal it is really does.

yeah, i thought the same, but they have a policy here, when a mountain lion comes into a public area, it's given a chance to be scared away, and if it does, all well and good, sometimes they may be passing through the area and get sighted, then scaring them is enough, but, if not, it gets shot for fear of someone young/old being attacked, they do tranquilize bears if they get to be a problem in the wrong place, then take them back to the mountains, as a bear will usually run away at the sound of a humans voice, a cougar is considered more dangerous,

It's dry here today mate,clearish sky and 11 degrees,good view of the super moon last night out of town.I just went into cabelas for a few pics,when I was here last November there was a sign on some vacant lot saying cabelas coming soon,then in February the earth movers had broken the ground and laid it flat,they were doing the foundations,a month or so ago the store opened.

I've been getting my hunting trousers from cabelas online for several years now, but a walk round the shop & especially in Canada would be pretty damn cool.....;-)

Good to hear you are still loving it Tillylamp Atb

There's a sale on at the moment mate,decent discounts,other stores are having big sales next week during Black Friday.
  • Like 2

Been to Canada a few times stunning place ... my mate nearly got eaten by a cougar lol ... my daughter may be moving from Japan to Canada Next year fingers crossed I will be in my element in cabelas ......

• Like 1

Been to Canada a few times stunning place ... my mate nearly got eaten by a cougar lol ... my daughter may be moving from Japan to Canada Next year fingers crossed I will be in my element in cabelas ......

I think you would enjoy it,the Canadian cabelas have a trapping section,they even sell real tree rocking chairs and sofas,ridiculous amount of stuff that no one would think they need,until they see it then think WOW I must have that.

post-1930-0-07494100-1479242626_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

My aunty and uncle have recently moved to canada to a place called "red deer" they love it and plan to spend christmas in banff. Think im going to take mrs and kids out there next year. Probaly could get work out there no probs as the uncle designs cockpits in small planes but i dont know about moving out full time i love england to much

when we were in Alberta, i went to red deer a few times, for the car shows, nice place, i would image, Christmas in Banff would be pretty spectacular, it's a place of natural beauty, in winter it must look a picture,

it's a big step to up and move away from your homeland, one which takes a lot of thought.....for me....i had the opportunity, and took it, this may, i will have been here two years, (and it's flown past) only another two years...and i can apply to get my citizenship, then iv'e got the choice to stay or go back home or visa versa, without all the paper work again....

Fair play mate its payed off. Its a lovely country really is ive looked at the images of banff and it is amazing !! ,do you think you will stay out there or come home ? Atb

Banff is absolutely stunning bud, i'm not ready to come back home just yet....but i would never say never, i do miss my family, but facetime and skype really has helped with that, i think home will always be home where ever you are in the world, but you have to try these things in life, if the opportunities come your way, i will be glad that i trying it, rather than i could have tried it and didn't, i would say to anyone, if you do get an opportunity to go to an appealing country, try it, and if it didn't work out you can always go back home,

• Like 1

Hope it's all going well for you Tillylamp, it looks an awesome country.

My pal moved to BC nearly 10 years ago now, he has been back to England once and that was enough......he said he is never coming back.

thanks,it's all going well wilf, it is a lovely country, BC is a beautiful Provence, the scenery is to die for, have you ever thought about going over to see your mate?

i don't suppose you know, did your mate say why he didn't like going back to England,

your daughters a long way from home socks, japan, if i remember right, she was going to Edmonton wasn't it?

them cougars can be dangerous, that's why they have more concerns about them near people, my father-in-law shot a cougar as it was stalking his brother on a rock face above him, whilst they were out hunting bears, he also shot a grizzly aswell,

I think you would enjoy it,the Canadian cabelas have a trapping section,they even sell real tree rocking chairs and sofas,ridiculous amount of stuff that no one would think they need,until they see it then think WOW I must have that.

cool stuff mac...have you seen the bedroom department bit were you can have a realtree quilt cover and matching pillow cases.......oh...and a rug..... :laugh:

• Like 1

cabelas is the bollox,went to the seattle store,asked the lad on the bow range and he let my boy fire a few arrows.you could spend a whole day thier and more,had a tasty bison sandwich in it too.even bought the kids camo hoodies that change colour with temperature.,i spent a 1000 bucks in minutes had to get out id of bought the shop.

• Like 2

your daughters a long way from home socks, japan, if i remember right, she was going to Edmonton wasn't it?

them cougars can be dangerous, that's why they have more concerns about them near people, my father-in-law shot a cougar as it was stalking his brother on a rock face above him, whilst they were out hunting bears, he also shot a grizzly aswell,

Yes mate Japan at the moment and Edmonton if she makes the move next year .......

• Like 1

cabelas is the bollox,went to the seattle store,asked the lad on the bow range and he let my boy fire a few arrows.you could spend a whole day thier and more,had a tasty bison sandwich in it too.even bought the kids camo hoodies that change colour with temperature.,i spent a 1000 bucks in minutes had to get out id of bought the shop.

easily done my friend to get carried away spending.... :laugh: are you holidaying it over here next year bud?

Yes mate Japan at the moment and Edmonton if she makes the move next year .......

fingers crossed the move comes off.....your have some good holidays if she does.... ;)

• Like 1