How Do You Get A Politician To Answer A Question

It must be the most difficult job on Television, being a political presenter, just watched the Andrew Marr show, where he asked Ed Balls a question about five times, all it took was a yes or no, but he refused to answer.

The question was, would you do a deal with the SNP, I cant understand why he could not say yes or no, I think a lot lot of Labour supporters down South, would not be happy if they did.

Personally, I cant see it happening. they are so far apart, they would want Trident removed, etc.

Nigel Farage says they could do a deal with the Tories, but he would want the EU referendum to be held before Xmas 2015, again on the same show he asked Osborne this question, could they do a deal with UKIP, again all it would have took was a yes or no, but like Balls he skated round the question.

I think with politicians it's more about what the don't or won't say than what they do . If they won't rule out doing a deal with the SNP you can bet your last dollar they will do just that or any other back handed deal to get there snouts back in the public trough .

• Like 2

It's not a question of giving a straight 'yes' or 'no' - the situation is much more complicated than that, and I'd be foolish to be pushed into a sound bite answer. I'm certainly not going to make any predictions until I receive the full report from the Permanent Under-private Assistant Secretary Commissioner's sub- committee.

The fact of the matter, and let's be clear on this, is that the coalition's policy of not answering questions is well above our own predicted targets, and we have no plans to adopt European proposals on reducing answer-evasion during the life of this parliament.

But, you know, this whole yes-no debate is drawing attention from the valuable contributions being made by 'if', 'but' and 'maybe', which has been brought about as a direct result of increased government usage in recent months, and if you let me finish, it's our ultimate aim hold a "yes" and "no" abolition referendum before the next election, as soon as we can decide on the wording of the proposal.

Does that answer your question ?

Edited by Blackbriar
  • Like 3

YES and NO dont feature in the gobbledegook vocabulary of the average politician,difficult to paint them into a corner as they dance around avoiding the issues while pushing their own agenda...........................Vote UKIP :victory:

• Like 1
In a closed vote, Parliament has decided NOT to make an exception for breaking the Official Secrets Act in cases linked to historic child sexual abuse. This was voted down almost solely by the Conservative Party and Lib Dems which suggests they were whipped on the vote.

Find out how your MP voted here, and remember this on the next election day:

http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/division.p ... y=allvotes

Aye is in support of the amendment which would stop people hiding behind the Act, no is against it.