Home Office Announces Increase In Firearms Licensing Fees

New fees

The increases, which will come into effect on 6 April 2015, are:

The cost of a firearms certificate will rise from £50 to £88;

The cost of a shotgun certificate will rise from £50 to £79.50;

Renewal of a firearms certificate will cost £62 - it is currently £40;

Renewal of a shotgun certificate will cost £49 - it is currently £40.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/home-office-announces-increase-in-firearms-licensing-fees

Edited by swshooter

Yeah but £167.50 is hardly worth complaining about over 5 years.

That depends for unemployed, retired or under 18's that could be the increase that prices them out of the market.

As I said, if the HO wanted to increase fees, then it would have been better if they'd given something back in return such as a 10 yr duration (which also takes the pressure off FEO's / departments as well)

Yeah but £167.50 is hardly worth complaining about over 5 years.

That depends for unemployed, retired or under 18's that could be the increase that prices them out of the market.

As I said, if the HO wanted to increase fees, then it would have been better if they'd given something back in return such as a 10 yr duration (which also takes the pressure off FEO's / departments as well)

5 years is fine by me. mental state can change far quicker than that. as for cost, over 5 years, another £7.60 a year max increase is an increase worth swallowing if they dont change the rules

If they increase the price and increase to 10 years then it's pointless increasing the price in the first place. Under 18's I'm sure mum and dad would pay, unemployed aren't as bad off as people think (I WAS unemployed for 2 years) and I'm not at all sure about pensioners.

Price is increasing , service is deteriorating.

Might just let them lapse and keep up the dog license instead.

Does that mean the .222 is needing a new home ... :whistling: .....obviously finding it the right home is important , more so than the money , somewhere down south where the weather is kinder , it will live out its remaining years in semi retirement in a loving home...Ive heard Sussex is that kind of place .. :laugh: