Lynx Reintroduction.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2985727/Lynx-roam-woods-Experts-want-wild-cat-reintroduced-1-300-years-help-control-deer-population.html#ixzz3TtozjUMb

what ye reckon folks.

‘Lynx could help reduce deer numbers in Scottish woodlands''

why not just let the hunting life members loose on them,they be gone in no time lol

Edited by jigsaw

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2985727/Lynx-roam-woods-Experts-want-wild-cat-reintroduced-1-300-years-help-control-deer-population.html#ixzz3TtozjUMb

what ye reckon folks.

why not just let the hunting life members loose on them,they be gone in no time lol

thats just media bullshit jiggy .the only thing we can believe in the press these days is the date .lol

• Like 3

what ye reckon folks.

We already have Lynx living wild in England. Have done for years

what ye reckon folks.

thats just media bullshit jiggy .the only thing we can believe in the press these days is the date .lol

lol,some bored journalist eh?

• Like 1

what ye reckon folks.

Ye have you seen one

what ye reckon folks.

Ye have you seen one

I have not seen one personally but close friends of mine, farmers whose land i hunt and my hunting partner have all seen big cats in devon. One was seen a quarter of a mile from my house 2 months ago. A puma this time. A farmer friend of mine saw a lynx 3 years ago. We also have a Red squirrel in my village. Loads of sightings of Leopards in devon also.

Reintroduction of species isnt a good idea The One Show on BBC at the moment just ran a story of "Escaped Beaver" in scotland which are causing problems for farmers at the current time,from what the guy was saying he would like to see them controlled.

More worrying for me is the effect beaver will have on the Atlantic Salmon; a fish that is in a steep decline in the UK. The nutty conservationists have promised that the beaver won't dam up the streams and block adults from spawning...but they have! I see beaver introductions as the final nail in the coffin for the Salmon in all the tributaries where beaver are released.

Don't these people see the damage they are doing by clogging the UK up with 'previously extinct' creatures?.....

• Like 2

Its about time they were curbed or the people on the otherside of the fence were givin fair chance to protect their homes and or lively hoods. I'm not an expert on the countryside or animals in general but even my kids know beavers build dams.

Well, the bull x boys will have something else to go after! :whistling:

I would love to see them about. Even wolves in the highlands, hey bring back the bear! Ha ha.

I guess the problem with reintroducing some animals is that the animal who was in the chain above is no longer around to keep them honest and the animal in question may grow stronger than liked and eradicate the poor critter in the chain beneath ! . . Perhaps the bull x boys will come in handy :laugh:

The problem with introduced species is, most are meat eaters apart from Beavers, so right away hill farmers will be up in arms, I heard the guy talking on Radio Scotland about this, and he said their chosen prey would be Roe Deer, which have a healthy population.

regarding the Beaver I don't know much about damage to Salmon spawning, but there's a lot of Beaver in Canada,and also Salmon, and they appear to spawn okay, i think they are being monitored for environment damage.

I think it would not be good if they are damming spawning streams.

I was in Mull last year, and saw a White tailed Sea Eagle, and that was some sight, huge bird, have to say it made my day,

I talked to a few locals and they agreed they have been a good thing for the Island, although it would have been to talk to a farmer to see if he had the same views.