Are Terriers Bought For Looks Or Working Ability

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If i had the opportunity to get my hands on a genuine bred grafter,id not turn up with looks in mind and would carefully transport home a Medusa.

Three posts started by antis IMHO (Do foxes dig there own earths)(how too fill in fox earths)(and this one)Of course It's working ability 100% if the dog aesthetically pleasing then that's a bonus. Yo

That goes without saying surely.

Posted Images

Thought the very same thing myself. Coincidentally I was reading a new book about wildlife in Britain last night and it had an interesting section on the monitoring on this very website and the likes of EDRD and Facebook hunting pages by Antis, RSPCA and wildlife crime units!! Some are great at educating this lot.

Edited by Corkman
  • Like 1

nothing to stop a good looking tyke from working most good strains that work well tend to be made well. and are pleasing to the eye. some good looking dogs are exellent workers whilst some of the ugly little feckers are piss poor. looks dont come into it . you cant look at a dog and say. that will be a cracking worker or thats smart it'll be crap :blink:

when they bred the looks are thought of before the working ability thats why a lot of terriers are bred too big and thought about the show ring first before working ability .ull only have to go to one show in the summer to know what I mean and what happens then one hansom monster of a dog wins the show phone number had off owmer pups then in progress for looks and to be bought

nothing to stop a good looking tyke from working most good strains that work well tend to be made well. and are pleasing to the eye. some good looking dogs are exellent workers whilst some of the ugly little feckers are piss poor. looks dont come into it . you cant look at a dog and say. that will be a cracking worker or thats smart it'll be crap :blink:

Surely the conformation of (good looking) terriers are the traits that make it suitable for working? Or have I missed something?

I know not all "pretty" terriers don't work and not all ugly terriers do but surely form follows function, or is it the other way round? :laugh:

Cheers, D.

Looks got nothing to do with it end of .its like this if u see a kennel full of really smart terriers and there's one ugly one I would want the ugly one because he is normally there for one reason only and it don't take rocket science to work it out

• Like 1