Worst Season And ( Shortest For Years)

I'm going out next weekend for the last time this season, for some reason this season has been real hard work, season started slow with lots of mixy about,then the cover seemed to take forever to die back ,struggled to get into double figures most weeks .now the seasons nearly over and its like I've only just got going,hopefully we might get some early frost next year and less mixyx.

Roll on next season , I can't wait already.

I'm going out next weekend for the last time this season, for some reason this season has been real hard work, season started slow with lots of mixy about,then the cover seemed to take forever to die back ,struggled to get into double figures most weeks .now the seasons nearly over and its like I've only just got going,hopefully we might get some early frost next year and less mixyx.

Roll on next season , I can't wait already.

I've got a bit perm your way a couple of paddocks that surround a quarry been a few times and have not been able to get near holes for undergrowth and it never shifted.

never seen mixy so bad here. every patch I have done this season bar one or two has been hit by mixy now. started the season well October time. but December the mixy appeared everywhere. struggle to see how they are going to bounce back for next season

DONT GIVE UP TRUST ME !!!!!

I've had ferrets 18 years now since the age of 12, one year I thought the same I got rid of all my gear, but I kept the ferrets. I missed just one season and I knew then I could never give it up so brought all new stuff :) I will never do that again.

Gaz

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't give up as said I've a dozen frets had to take them up to fourteen to cover the extra permission with folk giving up

That's some whack of ferrets :-)

I need to find someone with a good working hob for lining, want a litter this yr. If it comes off, will keep one and that will be me @ 4. That's enough for me :-)

Atb

Don't give up as said I've a dozen frets had to take them up to fourteen to cover the extra permission with folk giving up

I need to find someone with a good working hob for lining, want a litter this yr. If it comes off, will keep one and that will be me @ 4. That's enough for me :-)

Atb

No being funny allowing one ferret per ten holes as theres usually miles of tunnels underground then my son and i take a team each and if one needs a break and if things are slow i fire in a extra ferret fours no enough

Atb

No being funny allowing one ferret per ten holes as theres usually miles of tunnels underground then my son and i take a team each and if one needs a break and if things are slow i fire in a extra ferret fours no enough
That's very true, I can't keep anymore than 4, but I am always teamed up with my pal, who has another 3. Things work out pretty well for us.

Cheers

Am no being funny but my words would be get off your arses . i took a guy out on a permission a hours drive away after seeing what was there he spent the next weekend chapping on every door there and back , he got a load of knock backs and was told thats the keepers job son but he also got some nice ground , I go as far as a two hour drive for my furthest permission three ,four times a year .A lot of guys moan its a bad year and there only knocking about there doors

Myself I'm going down south for a few days, and hopefully over to one of the island's if all works out for a few days beginning of start nxt season.

It's great to get away and work different places + working with different lads, and picking up new tips.

Will be at it till I can't :-)

Atb