How Well Do You Remember Your Periodic Table?

Thanks, how did stars form, any links?

Has anyone seen a star form or evidence for it?

So it was just hydrogen all on its own until stars formed, hen nuclear fission took place an created the rest?

Rather inconveniently stars take a fair while to form. But we can observe stars at every stage of their life, astronomy has done a lot to back up astrophysics/cosmology. Read about star formation.

is there anything you don't know born hunter? You must of been smart in school, or do you just "educate yourself" along the way?

And no I ain't messing being deadly serious.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well surprise surprise I got 15 percent I'm chuffed to bits

To be honest mate it's only an issue when you become one of those boring b*****ds that just drones on and on about tedious stuff. I think everyone wishes they could store info like you obviously can

If born hunter posts anything more than 3 lines I automatically think it's boring and just scrole past it...

correct me if im wrong bh, probably am, oxegen formed somhow from the micro organisms threw photosynthesis, they relyed on sulphate previously, how did this occur if oxygen, oxidizes bacteria?

Oxygen was formed through Nuclear Fusion in stars.

Photosynthesis is a biological mechanism which breaks carbon dioxide into it's constituents of carbon and oxygen. The oxygen already exists, it's just bonded chemically to carbon in the compound carbon dioxide. The Oxygen atoms themselves were formed in stars.

What other planets have oxygen or water?

Water is seen in comets, in Stella gas clouds throughout the Milkyway. Just about everywhere there is a star there will be Oxygen and water. there might no be oceans of the fecking stuff but it's there. lol

So it was just hydrogen all on its own until stars formed, hen nuclear fission took place an created the rest?

Rather inconveniently stars take a fair while to form. But we can observe stars at every stage of their life, astronomy has done a lot to back up astrophysics/cosmology. Read about star formation.

is there anything you don't know born hunter? You must of been smart in school, or do you just "educate yourself" along the way?

Sorry Mo, I missed this, not being ignorant.

Is there anything I don't know..... :laugh: Shit loads! The more you learn about the world the more you realise how little you know. And no, I'm not smart, just a nerd that asks a lot of questions. I sometimes give people that impression though just because I seem to have a compulsive interest in stuff that most people couldn't give a monkeys about. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Sorry Mo, I missed this, not being ignorant.

Is there anything I don't know..... :laugh: Shit loads! The more you learn about the world the more you realise how little you know. And no, I'm not smart, just a nerd that asks a lot of questions. I sometimes give people that impression though just because I seem to have a compulsive interest in stuff that most people couldn't give a monkeys about. :thumbs:

To be honest mate it's only an issue when you become one of those boring b*****ds that just drones on and on about tedious stuff.

I think everyone wishes they could store info like you obviously can.........even though half of it is a load of shite...lol

• Like 2