Grouse Shooting

Didn't this happen before there and it went to wrack and ruin? They then started it up as a keepered moor again! They'll never learn.

It did it was leased from Bradford City Council and they withdrew the lease and after a few years in decline this Bingley syndicate leased it and built it up, they were only allowed 8days a season on the moor. It was quite alarming the dog walkers kicked off because they could n't walk their dogs on there on shoot days and the dogs were afraid of the gunshots,the cragrats played their right to roam cards of "we can go anywhere we like" so between the dog s roaming about along with the cragrats it cant of been easy for the keepers.

Now the shooters paid BCC to shoot on Ilkley Moor,How much will BCC get from the dog walkers and cragrats?

the country's really lost it yet again

Y.I.S Leeview

• Like 2

local shooters should document how the moor is now, and the state it will turn into over the next couple years. then have a report done on the declining numbers. it could prove useful to any other moors facing the same fate.

I cant think of any other council owned grouse moor? They're privately owned and maintained as they should be, BCC should take advice from these landowners as to how to maintain what they have

Y.I.S Leeview

I heard the shooting was an excuse for keeping the public off the moor while the so called shooters indulged in homosexual orgies? Im sceptical like, but you never know, could be true?

If its a solution to the BOP issue on grouse moors, then better tell the RSPB so they can have their back doors smashed in for a good cause