Getting Permission

How hard is it just to get your foot in the door!! being going out this season with my friend and totally love it, obviously can't keep going out on his permission so have being trying to find my own, wrote a lettter to every farmer around me, my friend laughed and said I need to go and speak to them, but don't want to be knocking on their door. I hate it when people knock my door trying to sell me something!!

Did get permission in some woods near by me, we went to check it out not any sign of rabbits a few very old warrens and lots of squirrels.

How did people get their permissions?

Knock the door be very polite and you will get a yes or no it's simple,

Good afternoon

I've notice a fair amount of rabbits along your hedge rows as I've been driving to work in a morning, just wounderd if it would be possible to have a go at ferreting them for you.

I'm fully insured and never leave a mess and have 18 year exsperence of vermin control

Yes/no

Fingers crossed

Gaz

Wouldn't advise it but I got my best permission by getting caught poaching it. Another by getting caught trespassing.

Haha knowing my luck I'd get my stuff taken off me, think my problem is they are Dairy Farmers around here and sheep so rabbits not affecting anything. Also do I need insurance?? what would I need insurance for apart from breaking my ankle falling over brambles :D

I'm just going to have to pluck courage and go knocking on doors I've got a few months before next season to do it.

• Like 1

How hard is it just to get your foot in the door!! being going out this season with my friend and totally love it, obviously can't keep going out on his permission so have being trying to find my own, wrote a lettter to every farmer around me, my friend laughed and said I need to go and speak to them, but don't want to be knocking on their door. I hate it when people knock my door trying to sell me something!!

Did get permission in some woods near by me, we went to check it out not any sign of rabbits a few very old warrens and lots of squirrels.

How did people get their permissions?

let a dozen rabbits go in that wood be plenty for next year..some guy on here done the same on a golf course its bouncing now.

• Like 3

Wouldn't advise it but I got my best permission by getting caught poaching it. Another by getting caught trespassing.

Haha knowing my luck I'd get my stuff taken off me, think my problem is they are Dairy Farmers around here and sheep so rabbits not affecting anything. Also do I need insurance?? what would I need insurance for apart from breaking my ankle falling over brambles :D

I'm just going to have to pluck courage and go knocking on doors I've got a few months before next season to do it.

I just ferret to nets and Ive never had insurance, don't see the need. If youre shooting over ferrets it would be worth having insurance. When the rabbits start breeding and the landowners start seeing loads above ground can be the best time to ask.

i married the land owners daughter!!!

to be fair, i only started shooting after I arrived here and have slowly released my inner hillbilly ever since!

having just one farm and being able to say to nearby / neighbouring farmers that you are already clearing decent numbers for farmer fred down the road will go a long way to helping, golf courses always need rabbit control and sometimes due to committees and insurance liabilities they don't like shooters (even with a letter of indemnity from basc!) this is where being able to ferret helps massively and going back to them after a year or two when yu are no longer a stranger and casually mentioning how many more you could clear with the gun as well can open up extra shooting land too.

its nothing a tank of diesel, a few cheap business cards with your contact details on & a weekend of perseverance shouldn't solve! its also worth thinking outside the box. garden centres, plant growers, driving ranges - anywhere with hedges, trees or fields (even big houses outside the towns with an acre or two can have bunny problems for the flower beds)

• Like 2

Wouldn't the rabbits be eating the same grass the sheep and cattle are fed on ?

• Like 1