Spanish Eyes

Now for me hunting has been much more than a hobby it has shaped my life since my adult working age and it has influenced the work ive done the places ive been and lived to the people ive met and lived with for me everything has been linked to hunting.

This story may have very little content regards hunting but it has everything to do with hunting, and some of it im ashamed of but boys will be boys.

Sat in the blackers arms christmass day feeling alone I had decided a change of seen was needed as id just split up with my bird the relation ship was dead but leaving my two year old behind was torture.

I can remember meeting rob many years ago through my mentor he was a slight built guy ugly get too but hey ho he loved his hunting and was the keenest man ive ever met a game keeper by trade but he got the sack for being up to no good.

He had a few faults but a good laugh two of his main faults was you had to take everything he said with a pinch of salt and the other he was a bit of a alcoholic oh and he was very greedy and money hungry.

I knocked on the door of his house in cattrick his bird answered and told me he was out working at the game dealers so I bobbed trough to see him.

He met his bird whilst bouncing near his home town and he moved up north when he had seen the rich pickings of the local land his bird could fill a door way and the doggin lads had affectionaly nick named her sussqwatch and he probably met her glass collecting lol

He was over the moon to see me and a trip out was soon arranged you see rob was banned for drink driving and he saw me as a good way of getting out he told me of his new permission which I took with a pinch of salt the last bit was great but the funny thing was when he saw a motor it was turn your lamp off get down ffs but great land never the less.

On the first trip the keeper bobbed over to pass the time so I new this was boni fidi permo and after I mentioned I was free of ties and always fancied living up there he was going to ask his bird if I could stay at his till I got a place.

I can remenber seeing the castle in richmond for the first time on trip to go lamping I said in my head there and then ive got to live here at some point and staying on his couch wasnt much differant to staying in my caravan in my parents yard but the chance to make a dream come true was a bonus.

Many trips was had out hunting and id picked up a dog that had been offered to me months before my acd x fran the accomadation searching was very limmited the council said no and the private lets took the piss so really it was just a matter of stringing it out at his.

The acd cross was doing very well a good turn of speed and the amount of work she was getting was was coming on leaps and bounds we was very impressed but then again we was out nearly every day ether lamping or ferreting she was slow to retrieve but caught with ease very steady around the nets and a great bond was forming.

Saturday we decided to go ferreting as I was seeing my young un monday anyway this day was crisp and clear for the depths of winter it was quite warm the rabbits was playing ball and a bumper number was had we was on fine form feeling real happy and as the sun was setting the cold dropped in with it as we packed up we was getting cold and the lure of the black bulls open fire was to much of a lure for us.

Sat the when that theakstons hit us we felt like kings in front of that open fire well after the second one was had rob hatch a plan and after no sex for a month the propspect of pulling was too much to see reason to say no what we was about to do was wrong.

Dropping rob of at his mates to borrow some clothes I had the task of sneaking the ferrets back and sorting the dogs rob was still at the set waiting for his ferret to show his collar had failed and there was no way he could leave it I would after go back with another ferret and collar to find it lol

Driving into richmond me in a tattersal shirt and mole skins him in borrowed clothes we felt like we had just pulled off the great escape to the castle tavern phil pool table and all that no worries lets go.

As we walked through a ginnel rob peered inside rob goes nice one me mate bry and tapped on the window id seen something

completely differant she looked like a gypsy bird to me massive gold earings jet black hair up in a clip that made it look like a game roosters tail when he had tapped her head had spun and that was the first time I saw her large brown spanish eyes she was no chezza or kiera but a looker all the same.

We went in and I got to the bar rob sat next to bry and me beside him opersit this bird I could of sat there all night listening to her talk was like song birds singing on a summers day the finest north east twang id heard I was smitten.

A few beers later it came apparent these had been out all day and bry was a bad drunk and carried on with rob I was laughing as his bottle went and rob was itching to leave.

I gave the line I needed a back rest and sat beside this bird this caused bry much annoyence and my corny but yet funny chat up lines was been soaked up we was just sat having fun and when I told her she had eyes like spanners WHY? because every time I look into them my nuts tighten was just too much for bry he was now calling this pettle common and tart ffs mate have some manners and turned to her and said whos that dick she said my dad.

I could see this wasnt going to bode well and rob was now ready to drag me off somewere els maybe for the best dont want to come between a farther and daughter.

Any way we set off across the market square to the the golden lion but before we got there two voices went wait for us these girls had followed us lol

A few beers later and we was having a great time this bird was telling me her farther was a cock and she had been brought up in care and wasnt that close saying she was richmond born and bred but lived most her life in bishop auckland area I didnt feel that bad then and we was hitting it right off but me being the slick stud muffin I am went to the bar and on returning knocked a pint over this girls I felt a right plum.

Never mind I live seconds up the road ok ill walk you round when we got there she opened the door and I followed her in she pulled my shirt to the bottom of the steps and put her finger to her lips pointing to the cieling camera we went up to her room I didnt realise she was staying in a guest house

In her room she gathered some clothes and said just get changed I was a bit uncomfortable being left there as I could see her whole life in that room.

Just get changed there ill look away ok but dont look a bit of banter me saying im going to look and what about now I could see she wanted me to shut up so fell quite I could hear her getting undressed/dressed

Then this gordie voice goes yous ganna looks then or nat my first thoughts was wind up but it didnt stop me from spinning my head round that quick I almost gave myself whiplash.

This raven haired buety was stood there just in a black underwere set massive gold clown draped between her knockers,

Now this girl was no whippet greyhound but like any good lurcher of any percentage or cross it wasnt carrying a ounce of fat

this part always makes me smile she just tilted her head to one side lifted and dropped her eyebrows and shrugged her shoulders that was all the singnals I needed.

Walking back to the pub holding hands I was floating on air it took a little longer to get changed than expected but not much lol

The night carried on and we ended up staying back in this girls room.

The next day rob was evicted and so was I lol but rob was left to smooth it over with his bird and I went back to see this girl from the night before.

The next day I got up early to return home and looked out the geust house window snow had fallen and looking down this small passage way lit by yellow steet light I new id found home it was something out of a dickens noval.

Rob blamed it all on me naturally leading him a stray but it didnt matter I now had my place to stay in the town I wanted we hunted the socks off his land his bird never did speak to me after that day spanish eyes and me went on to have a four year relationship hunting had shaped my life once more Happy Christmass 2.8

• Like 16