Rabbit Shooting

As the other fellows say. I do prefer a dome head. A few months back I got hold of some Ogive Defiants in .22. As they are nearly 18gn I only used them at about 35 to 40 yards. The odd time I have not hit the target area they have still killed. More of an air bullet really. I am going to try their .177 soon. Very promising.

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

Sounds like an innocent young lads question, we were all like this once.

Which rifle are you shooting Danny and which calibre is it ? As i`m sure one of the lads on here will have your answer.

atb (all the best)

Not answer, suggestion!

As we all know what works superbly in one gun may well be absolute cack in another of the same make and calibre!

"Not an answer,suggestion" ! :rolleyes: Does it matter ?

I go to two ranges,each with several hundred members, if i asked any one of the members which gun do you shoot and which is your pellet choice, yes there will be different answers, of coarse but you would pick up very quickly on the guns usual preferred make of pellets, "would you not" ?

So Danny. again, i`m sure you will get an answer (s) when the lads know your make of gun and calibre as these forums have hundreds of helpful members too.

atb.

• Like 1

Haven't shot any bunnies. But up to the ranges us mere mortals shoot at. Anything is going to put a hole in a rabbit. The real question is what's the best way of getting that hole in a kill zone. From my limited experience.

PS in my sub £200 rifle AA diabolo hunters (pointed) grouped the best out to 40m. After I spent £80 and a week solid testing tins of JSB exact, RWS Superdome, AA diabolo field, AA diabolo field Heavy, accupels, etc.

What ever let's you put the pellet on the target is the answer.

• Like 1