no its not simple the pdc is made up of ex bdo players who ran and made a new group so cant see why bdo should change their name... oh and by the way i fully understand why they left, i played under ollie croft i know whats hes like...

Forgetting organisations for a minute.....if a person claims themself to be a world champion......should they not have to beat the worlds best players to earn that title ?.....thats what i mean by simple.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

over the moon for anderson hes a local lad my dad has chucked darts with him a few times hes on form just now i really hope he can keep it up

Another Great Tournament , Anderson's 3 Darts Falling Out Was A First (Sid Waddell Would Of Had Some Fun Describing That) To Beat Taylor You Have To Play At Your Best & Anderson Deserved His Victo

Better to compete and lose than never know if you can win ....i think its a cracking game any one on one mental battle of nerve like that i find fascinating.

Its not the same in boxing....yes there are different orgnaisations claiming a world champion but they are not distinct levels apart in terms of ability......if the wbc only had world champions who were half as good as the other organisations they couldnt compete against each other...........not to say i like the different organisations in boxing i dont.....but it doesnt distinguish between ability like darts does.

A better example would be the football premier league champions and the second division champions both claiming to be the best team in Englan !

Its not the same in boxing....yes there are different orgnaisations claiming a world champion but they are not distinct levels apart in terms of ability......if the wbc only had world champions who were half as good as the other organisations they couldnt compete against each other...........not to say i like the different organisations in boxing i dont.....but it doesnt distinguish between ability like darts does.

A better example would be the football premier league champions and the second division champions both claiming to be the best team in Englan !

we'll if it was arsenal the 2nd division team was playing they would have a good chance lolololol, and in a gunners fan too

gnash we understand where you coming from but as the bdo was set up first and claimed to be world championship then apart from old crofty being a bit of a knob at times i cant see why bdo shouldnt be called world championship, like ive said the pdc ran and set up a new version and fair play to bristow and sky and barry hearn as they done a top notch job

If the BDO allowed the PDC players to join and be part of their world championship, it would be a more legitimate claim to be THE world championship. It would also help the BDO players to raise their game and still keep the grass roots and county darts going, perhaps even making them stronger. The situation as it is works against the BDO; once a player reaches a certain level, they are seduced by the money and fame of the PDC, and are lost to county darts and the BDO. Boxing has been mentioned as an anolagy, and I think it's agood one, as far as I'm aware, a boxer can fight for any of the various championships, and they are often unified. Why can't their be a unification of both darts championships ? Why not make the world championship be truly "open" to anyone ?

i agree with lots you say brigzy but it is what it is [BANNED TEXT] ollie got a grudge but im saying the bdo was there first so why should it change?? they promote youth and in the end they feed pdc so whats wrong??? anyway im getting bored lol

Boxing has been mentioned as an anolagy, and I think it's agood one, as far as I'm aware, a boxer can fight for any of the various championships, and they are often unified. Why can't their be a unification of both darts championships ? Why not make the world championship be truly "open" to anyone ?

Where it falls down with the boxing analogy is boxing is not an annual knockout tournament.......i dont see a problem with 2 darts organisations but if they both annually hold a world championship then surely its common sense to disregard the one that doesnt have the worlds best players playing in it ?

I'm just watching an old mate of mine playing, Gary Robson. I thought back then he would definitely become world champion some day. His darts were top class back then, but he seems to have stood still while those around him improved. 14 appearences in the the finals and 3 quarter finals, I don't know if he still has it to win, but I'm supporting him.

I told him he had "telly nerves" , but he reckons he hasn't. He has won a lot of big non-televised events. With the number one seed, Wilson gone, and number two Norris not really impressing in his first round, it could be anyone's year.

Brigzy you seem to know your stuff have you heard of a player called Tony West....he,s a friend of a friend who was doing well 10/12 years ago he beat Van Barneveld in one of the big tournaments but lost his way a bit after that......he,s back again the last few years and playing some sort of qualifying rounds for the PDC.

Yes mate, I'd heard of him in the BDO, but didn't know he was now with the PDC. To be honest, the last big tournament I attended was the Swedish Open in '88. Bristow introduced me to his protege, who was going to be the next big thing in darts, Phil Taylor, I wish I had put a bet on him becoming champion ! I'm just an armchair telly supporter these days.

• Like 1

Wasnt anything like that he was just caught up in silly shit all the time he had 3 or 4 brothers involved in a family feud type thing,got stabbed a few times after mullering someone with a dog chain the whole lot of them were nasty little fuckers but could all throw a dart.....one of the younger brothers Steve is a top pro still.

Apparently it was the Winmau World Masters that he won beating Barneveld in the final....doubt he,ll get back to that level,makes you realise sport is all about timing sometimes.

Edited by gnasher16

A Good Mate Off Mine When Living In Gibralta Worked With Chris Mason , He Also Put Him Up For A Few Weeks , Use To Have A Practice With Him & Said He Was Something Else When It Came To Darts , I'm Sure He Does Commentary Now .