Another Great Tournament , Anderson's 3 Darts Falling Out Was A First (Sid Waddell Would Of Had Some Fun Describing That) To Beat Taylor You Have To Play At Your Best & Anderson Deserved His Victory Held His Nerve At 6 All , Taylor Shows His Character When He Loses Obviously Gutted But Shows His Opponent Respect . . Sign Of A Top Bloke !!

• Like 2

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

over the moon for anderson hes a local lad my dad has chucked darts with him a few times hes on form just now i really hope he can keep it up

Another Great Tournament , Anderson's 3 Darts Falling Out Was A First (Sid Waddell Would Of Had Some Fun Describing That) To Beat Taylor You Have To Play At Your Best & Anderson Deserved His Victo

Better to compete and lose than never know if you can win ....i think its a cracking game any one on one mental battle of nerve like that i find fascinating.

Scrappy but entertaining final.

Welldone Anderson .

haha max i find Anderson scrappy most of the time he makes little mistakes and you never think he can recover but he did tonight

but i know exactly what you mean

Welldone Anderson .

"Scrappy" ? Two of the best players ever, playing out a 6-5 final with over 30 180's !! Were you watching the same match ?

In all fairness Anderson did say himself it was a scrappy game........i think he probably meant in terms of the amounts of missed doubles.......both players averages were up and down every set.

• Like 1

Welldone Anderson .

"Scrappy" ? Two of the best players ever, playing out a 6-5 final with over 30 180's !! Were you watching the same match ?

In all fairness Anderson did say himself it was a scrappy game........i think he probably meant in terms of the amounts of missed doubles.......both players averages were up and down every set.

Gnash , I've been watching the BDO "World Championship" on BBC and Bt , and to see 70 and 80 averages makes a mockery of darts. The PDC is so far in front it's unbelievable ! To call this final "Scrappy" is insane. The level of darts now is something old aquaintences of mine like Rees, Bristow, Lowe, etc, could only dream of.

Welldone Anderson .

Gnash , I've been watching the BDO "World Championship" on BBC and Bt , and to see 70 and 80 averages makes a mockery of darts. The PDC is so far in front it's unbelievable ! To call this final "Scrappy" is insane. The level of darts now is something old aquaintences of mine like Rees, Bristow, Lowe, etc, could only dream of.

Oh i totally agree i cant be doing with that BDO crap they,re still stuck in a time warp with the muggy gold bracelets and rings......tells you everything you need to know when their world champion couldnt get past the quarter final in the PDC !........I really admire Phil Taylor he has a fantastic attitude to competition ive said for a while now if you accept Darts as a sport he has to be Britains greatest ever sportsman.

Did you play yourself then mate ?......I really like the game but im diabolical at it no matter how much i practise :D

Welldone Anderson .

Oh i totally agree i cant be doing with that BDO crap they,re still stuck in a time warp with the muggy gold bracelets and rings......tells you everything you need to know when their world champion couldnt get past the quarter final in the PDC !........I really admire Phil Taylor he has a fantastic attitude to competition ive said for a while now if you accept Darts as a sport he has to be Britains greatest ever sportsman.

Did you play yourself then mate ?......I really like the game but im diabolical at it no matter how much i practise :D

Gnash, back in the day, I was more of an administrator, than a player. My greatest success was to win my pub qualification for the News Of The World Championship. I got well beat in the area final, but it didn't stop me from being a darts fan, as I am still today.

Better to compete and lose than never know if you can win ;) ....i think its a cracking game any one on one mental battle of nerve like that i find fascinating.

You may not agree, mate, but darts , I think, is very much like a sport close to your heart; boxing! It's two men , toe to toe, fighting out for a prize.... That prize is WINNING ! I'd guess that world champion chess players have the same feeling, it's all about being the best, runners, jumpers, throwers, whatever, if you are the best in what you do..... There can be no better feeling !

• Like 1

I wouldnt disagree at all......in my opinion keeping your physical technique together when under massive mental pressure is an art in itself.........boxing aside i went through an unfortunate period in life when i played table tennis,pool and darts for long periods every day :icon_redface: ......even though there was never anything more than a tube of toothpaste riding on it the pressure of being ultra competetive is something that takes massive control so as not to let your mind get the better of your technique.......so when i watch a game like that darts tonight i have so much admiration for their strength of mind.....regardless of the big crowd and the occasion which is hard enough....but the sheer pressure you put yourself under as a competitor.................very impressive.

• Like 1

it makes me laugh why people slag the b.d.o. its a feeder for pdc the standard is lower because most is just county level so its unfair to compare, they miss more doubles which lowers there average, with more experience they make good players... many ov u are snobs watching the cream, do you say that about football?? i for one will be wwtching b.d.o.. ya clowns.

it makes me laugh why people slag the b.d.o. its a feeder for pdc the standard is lower because most is just county level so its unfair to compare, they miss more doubles which lowers there average, with more experience they make good players... many ov u are snobs watching the cream, do you say that about football?? i for one will be wwtching b.d.o.. ya clowns.

Im a massive football and boxing fan i,ll watch it at any level and enjoy it.......the likes of darts/snooker/tennis and many other sports i like but im not a massive fan so will only watch the highest level.....i,ll watch the Wimbledon final or the Snooker finals but i dont want to watch it down the local club !......Same with darts i only want to watch the best why does that make me a snob or a clown ?

• Like 1