Kelts now due "annual vaccination" seen a few posts saying different things, do you guys get this done every year or dont bother after first jabs?

your choice, if the dog is ever to be put in kennels during holidays etc then they will have to be up to date with all jabs, personally i do the initial one at twelve weeks then a booster at twelve months and that it,

As above, once done should last 5 years, other than lepto which is yearly.

"For distemper and parvovirus, the other core vaccines, there is strong evidence that protection for most dogs lasts at least 5 years, and pretty good evidence for longer duration of immunity. The guidelines recommend repeating vaccination no more than every 3 years, and 3 years is the interval most commonly used today. However, longer intervals are probably justified. There is certainly no need for annual boosters, and this is a practice that really isn’t defensible scientifically.

Antibody titers can be useful in some cases, since a high titer does indicate a dog is protected and does not require additional vaccination. However, a low titer does not necessarily mean a dog is susceptible, so it is less useful in trying to decide when to revaccinate.

Given the length of protection, and some evidence that susceptibility to parvovirus is low in older dogs, most probably do not need to be vaccinated after about 8-10 years of age. There is clear evidence that older dogs do respond appropriately to vaccinations, and there is not evidence that they are more likely to be harmed by vaccines than younger dogs, so continuing to vaccinate after this age is not likely to be harmful, but it is probably unnecessary. In humans, there is evidence that older people may be more susceptible to some diseases than younger adults, and thus may be more in need of vaccination, but this hasn’t yet been demonstrated in dogs."

From http://skeptvet.com/Blog/

• Like 1

Speaking to my vet she explained there is 3 aspects to the vaccinations and all aspects are covered on a 3 year rolling program not every aspect every year.

A friend has recently lost a pup to parvo which has led to other dogs and ferrets also succombing to it.

I use kennels now and then so have to keep dogs up to date.

A vet near me does annual vaccinations for 12 pounds.