Cleverly V Bellew

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a lousy fight.....no passion,no power,no skills.....Cleverly is not a cruiserweight in my opinion and Bellew won it purely on natural size ......if we dont hear tomorrow that Cleverly broke his r

Sadly didn't come close to living up to the hype. Curious that both were talking post fight about a potential 'decider' at the millenium stadium!!! Don't think that even Matchroom & Sky could pull

Hope cleverly wins simple because bellew irritates the shit out of me

Here's what the fighters think if anyones interested its looking good imo

Nathan Cleverly expects to hit the "repeat button" in his rematch with Tony Bellew for the WBO and WBA intercontinental cruiserweight titles.

The British pair fought in 2011 when Cleverly edged out Bellew on points at Liverpool's Echo Arena - which is the stage for this Saturday's contest.

"I beat him once, it's a matter of pressing the repeat button," said the 27-year-old Welshman.

Bellew said: "I want a devastating win and to look good doing it."

He added: "There's no pressure. It's a fight - something I've done my whole life. The only pressure is to come out and not get hurt."

Cleverly (won 28, one loss, zero draws), born in Caerphilly, then mocked his 31-year-old Liverpool-born opponent (22-2-1).

"I was walking around the city and it felt like it was my home town - people were coming up to me taking photos and saying they wanted me to silence this guy," he added.

A packed undercard features several big names in British boxing, with Olympic champion James DeGale (19-1-0) against Mexican Marco Antonio Periban (20-2-1) in a super-middleweight contest and George Groves (20-2-0) up against United States boxer Denis Douglin (17-3-0) in the same division.

Groves, who lost two memorable world title fights to Carl Froch, is the mandatory challenger Anthony Dirrell's WBC belt, although he must first come through the contest against the American.

Below is the list of the other fights on the undercard:

Scott Quigg v Hidenori Otake

WBA super-bantamweight title

Quigg 29-0-2 Otake 22-1-3

Scott Quigg on BBC Radio 5 live: "I only know what I've mainly read about him (Otake). He's highly thought of on the forums - really we are going into the fight blind.

"We know he's aggressive going forward and he's durable. I'm going into the unknown - we don't know what he's really like. I'm 100% confident and prepared. He won't have answers for anything that I bring to him."

Jamie McDonnell v Javier Chacon

WBA bantamweight title

McDonnell 24-2-1 Chacon 20-2-0

Jamie McDonnell on BBC Radio 5 live: "This is a massive card and stacked with great talent. I'm privileged to share a big card again. He's (Chacon) only little. I expect a tough fight - it could go the distance. I'd like to win quite comfortably - a stoppage will be best."

Anthony Joshua v Michael Sprott

British heavyweight title eliminator

Joshua 9-0-0, Sprott 42-22-0

Michael Sprott on BBC Radio 5 live: "I'm looking forward to the fight. I'll look to bring my experience and come through. I think compared to (former opponent) Audley Harrison, he's the stronger. Harrison has probably got the better skill. I will see how it goes. He'll (Joshua) come out quick. I'll see if he can go 10 rounds. I'll have to stop him, though - that's my only hope."

Callum Smith v Nikola Sjekloca

WBC super-middleweight title eliminator

Smith 14-0-0 Sjekloca 28-2-0

Callum Smith on BBC Radio 5 live: "He's (Sjekloca) a good fighter - 29 fights and only two losses and both were to world champions. He went the distance with the two of them. This is a massive test and a massive jump. But I've come through previous fights with ease."

• Like 1

I think froch got it spot on imo

Froch on cleverly v bellew

"It is going to be a great fight. The first fight was very close and I think the rematch is going to be the same until the point you will get your answer, when Tony Bellew connects on the chin. Cleverly is not suited to a cruiserweight like Bellew. Bellew was a heavyweight as an amateur, but when Cleverly turned professional he was light heavyweight. Cleverly is going to be looking for the fight, to out-box and win on points. My feeling is that Bellew is going to finish him with a shot either mid or late fight."

Normally as long as a sportsman gives his best at his sport i couldnt give a shit what they are like as human beings but as someone else said this fella Bellew absolutely grates on me ........ he demeans current fighters and even ex fighters with these idiotic comments he makes about " i,ll fight until i drop ".....so will every other fighter you f****n idiot they just dont need to say it !....or does he think he has something nobody else has got !....theres some things a fighter doesnt need to say its just accepted as the way it is.......he says some childishly silly things that rubs other fighters and ex fighters up the wrong way and for that reason alone theres plenty of folk who will want to see him lose myself included.

• Like 2

Normally as long as a sportsman gives his best at his sport i couldnt give a shit what they are like as human beings but as someone else said this fella Bellew absolutely grates on me ........ he demeans current fighters and even ex fighters with these idiotic comments he makes about " i,ll fight until i drop ".....so will every other fighter you f****n idiot they just dont need to say it !....or does he think he has something nobody else has got !....theres some things a fighter doesnt need to say its just accepted as the way it is.......he says some childishly silly things that rubs other fighters and ex fighters up the wrong way and for that reason alone theres plenty of folk who will want to see him lose myself included.

I'm no major fighting fan but follow as best I can but , I've got to admit he's been boiling my piss for a bit with his talk over this fight . I watched last night a programme showing previous fights and watched bellew v brudov he was almost gone in the 7 but then won in the 12 ,fair enough , but then at the talk at the end of the fight said no ones ever took brudov down I knocked him clean off his feet I mean clean off his feet . I though you arrogant c**t you was lucky to get the low blow .

Edited by budharley

I don't know Tony Bellew personally, but I take my son 3 days a week to the gym boxing, and there is a few of the lads who go the gym who say he is a decent fella and they do know him personally. He has got 3 kids at home and in that game you dont get long, so strike while the iron is hot. He has definately stirred a lot of peolple up, people will watch to see him get beat. His mouthing off has made him more money, so good luck to him. Seems to of got his KO power back at this weight. Been told of him taking a bit of a beating as an amature and then KO'd them.

James DeGale against Mexican Marco Antonio Periban, should be a brilliant fight to.