Anyone Remember The Norfolk Lurcher Society 80's-90's?

Just wondered if anyone remembers the club or its shows from the eighties/early90's? I'm off for a few jars with my mate who is moving to teneriffe next week and he used to be chairman of the club and i know he would like to hear any stories or memories of those times ;)

Just wondered if anyone remembers the club or its shows from the eighties/early90's? I'm off for a few jars with my mate who is moving to teneriffe next week and he used to be chairman of the club and i know he would like to hear any stories or memories of those times ;)

Lambourne was the Mecca in the day,long before lurcher shows became polluted with pseudo shampooed jukels lads beat a path to Lambourne,i only went once,what a pilgrimage,the Stone Henge of the scruffy lurcher mass.
  • Like 3

My first lurcher was fetched home from lambourne, by a mate of my uncles, was gifted to him at the show, was guarenteed to hjkc, even tho it was 9 weeks old lol but it did everything asked of it by time it was fully grown.

If you went to Lambourne every pup on offer,feck there was some,was guaranteed to Hunt,Jump,Feck,Fight,Wheel a Barrow and ride a Bike,i believe the going price when i made my pilgrimage was about £15 a pup,im not that old either?.
  • Like 4

remember the norfolk lurcher society ,near diss and had shows near newmarket etc other venues i stayed down that area back then good, place for running dogs, i remember the old exchange in mart as a kid ,hjkc and the abbotsford ferrets,,

• Like 1

had several nites out and early mornings on the way back to the aldeburgh area from diss , some good land, first muntjacs i flushed there ,all,sorts of beasts fallow reds never saw much roe but plenty big fellows ,,friston village they had an old pub friston chequers was another good place back in the ninties ,there were families down there who liked a long dog the wrights blakes big familes , alot were x warreners and coypu men during pre mixi , could tell a yarn ,good ole boys,diss bungay pakefeild blythburgh no them well

• Like 1