Has Any One Had One This Colour

post-89918-0-14621600-1415384566.jpgpost-89918-0-08955000-1415384582.jpgcame across this little fella last night she was sitting tight went I slipped the pup up so I didn't see the white bit until it was to late I probably would of just left it if I had as I would of enjoyed seen it every time I was on that bit of land
  • Like 1

In my youth ( a very long time ago) i asked a vicarage that owned a bit of land could i do a bit of ferreting .

The vicar gave me permission but told me that he had let a pet rabbit named (charlie) go wild a few years earlier and he liked seeing it about

So if i seen it would i leave it be .

First field i went in lurcher off the lead first run and charlie was in the bag

So it was charlie and chips that evening..

• Like 4

This was court near a village you could see houses from the field it was court in so it is possible a pet rabbit could of getting out but I work some land on the borders were there is rabbits with like a silver coat but I haven't really bothered them as we work the land for other things but I might try an target one this year when I go up

a few years ago i had three different permissions, all some miles apart, and for some reason one winter all 3 places held a number of rabbits with a white blaze or star on the forehead. never seen it before or since. very odd. i have caught black, blue, and sandy as well, all well away from human habitation. at one time the bank of the canal through regents park right beside london zoo had rabbits of every imaginable colour and pattern, supposedly some domestic rabbits had been released there. made a nice show when they were sitting out of an evening

• Like 1

The only place I have seen them was up in Durham at my Aunties, there were literally hundreds of rabbits out for about a mile stretch of along a woodland. Looking through the bino's I could see mixed in were the odd half white or with white bits like that. Never seen them anywhere else though.

I have always assumed they were the result of released tame rabbits breeding.